New York to Caribbean Nov, 26th.

Jeffrey1950

Yay, made the final payment today. Now the real anticipation sets in. Although, I have sailed Cunard three times many years ago things change and so I continue to ask questions....please, tell me for breakfast and lunch are you at an assigned table or is it open seating like some other cruise lines? One of my biggest concerns is my luggage will I be able to get help as soon as I get to the port and when arriving back even if I can just get a luggage wagon would be a big help I do not travel light. On this particular sailing what is the best way to plan on dressing the first day or so out of New York?

Thanks in advance for any responses and of course more questions are bound to come...

:)

Yay, made the final payment today. Now the real anticipation sets in. Although, I have sailed Cunard three times many years ago things change and so I continue to ask questions....please, tell me for breakfast and lunch are you at an assigned table or is it open seating like some other cruise lines? One of my biggest concerns is my luggage will I be able to get help as soon as I get to the port and when arriving back even if I can just get a luggage wagon would be a big help I do not travel light. On this particular sailing what is the best way to plan on dressing the first day or so out of New York?

Thanks in advance for any responses and of course more questions are bound to come...

Your table arrangements are determined by the category you booked We don't know what category you booked, so we are unable to answer your dining question.

No worries about your luggage upon arrival at the port. Your luggage will be transferred from your vehicle to the ship - but only after the disembarking passenger's luggage has been off-loaded, collected and removed from the terminal, so best not to arrive earlier than requested (certainly no earlier than noon).

For boarding, the best way to dress in informal. I usually wear a black knit (wrinkle free & washable ) pant suit, low heels and minimal jewelry. In my carry-on bag, I pack a change of undies, jewelry, a small bottle of vodka, high heels and a fancier top to wear with the black suit... that means I don't have to worry if my luggage doesn't arrive before dinner time (although it always has!)

Be comfortable, have a great trip :) - Salacia

Jeffrey regarding the main Britannia restaurant, for those assigned the main Britannia for dinner, then breakfast and lunch is not assigned as such, usually we go into the main dining room and they will then assign us a table much as open seating with the waiter directing us to a suitable place. We usually ask for a table for two/four before the head waiter decides which table is vacant.