Platinum Membership

robbie_3

Having just been elevated to the heady heights of Platinum membership after Cunard kindly added some missing 2005 trips, when do members tend to received their pins. Is it with the next tickets or in your cabin once you board. Has anyone noticed any benefits wearing their pin. Also regarding 20% discount on laundry & dry cleaning for Platinum and Diamond, is there a box to tick on the cleaning form to reduce the amount by 20%, my memory fails me in this regard.

I think you'll get it next time you're on board. They won't spend the money to mail it. I see no benefit to wearing it, especially as the current design looks so cheap. DH wears a pin in his tux lapel for the World Club parties, but he wears the previous design, which I think looks much nicer.

I don't think there's anywhere on the form for the laundry discount, it will just be reduced on your bill (once any OBC has been spent).

That's correct. I'd forgotten about the discount but it appeared on my account without having to claim it.

Remember, as Host Hattie said, the laundry discount only kicks in when you're paying for the service and not using cabin credits.

So on our last trip, we were ready to send some laundry down, but we still had a few dollars of credits remaining. I purchased internet time (the free minutes never cover my needs for the voyage) and we had our usual evening of wine and cocktails and the next day, sent the laundry.

Speaking of internet time. If you do a roundtrip crossing or another voyage that consists of multiple bookable segments, you will typically receive internet credit for each segment - even if you booked it as a single trip. This is likely due to a limitation of their internet management system, so if they upgrade their passenger internet system, it's likely that it may go away.

Having been a Platinum member for several years, I now regard the only advantage as being our internet allowance on board and a free glass of wine one evening at the get-together in the Queens Room.. As has been said, the reduction in the laundry charge does not apply if you have OBC, on our last three voyages there has no been no "exclusive disembarkation lounge" (when this was queried, we were told that there were too many Platinum passengers for them to provide this) and upon embarkation we have faced no queues so once again our Platinum status was pointless.

Love Cunard, love their ships, love their professional and experienced staff, but now have a feeling that Platinum status has lost its gloss.......

David

Thanks again to all. I also think the extra internet and priority check in, especially if busy, will be very helpful. We would rather cruise these days than fly and Cunard's unique ambience, professionalism of staff and formal dress code does it for us; there sure are some glitzy ships out there, but Cunard somehow seems classic and extra special.

Edited by robbie_3