Upgrade blessing

moses0

Well I'm totally blessed!!! Not sure I should be telling this. I didn't care much for where our room was situated (although content just to be onboard). Noticing that Cunard were offering 175 years Specials I called to see if I could get an upgrade to a balcony at the reduced fare. Well not only did I get the stateroom I wanted I got it for no extra charge!!!:) Not sure if I have ever heard of that before! Answer to my wife prayers!

Well I'm totally blessed!!! Not sure I should be telling this. I didn't care much for where our room was situated (although content just to be onboard). Noticing that Cunard were offering 175 years Specials I called to see if I could get an upgrade to a balcony at the reduced fare. Well not only did I get the stateroom I wanted I got it for no extra charge!!!:) Not sure if I have ever heard of that before! Answer to my wife prayers!

Isn't that a lovely start to your trip! Congratulations :)

That really is great for you - just don't tell your tablemates at dinner!!

Moses, that's the least they can do - after all, you did part the Red Sea! :D

Bon voyage,

Salacia

Brilliant. Can I ask a couple of questions. Did you originally book a Cunard fare or the saver and did you book through a ta or direct? I'm wondering about doing this myself.

Brilliant. Can I ask a couple of questions. Did you originally book a Cunard fare or the saver and did you book through a ta or direct? I'm wondering about doing this myself.

We originally booked a Cunard fare directly with a very helpful agent by the name of Lisa. We booked as far back as January. :)

Did you book with a TA originally or with Cunard?

• 3 weeks later...

We always book direct with a Cunard booking agent. When we hear of specials with lower prices we always ask for either re-booking or, if last installment has been paid like in this case, ask for extra's like upgrade, on-board credit etc. This time we were upgraded to a balcony (sheltered mid ship deck 5) like the OP without loosing any extras we already had like free on-board credit etc.

We are traveling with others so dates are fixed because when possible we just wait for the best deals and don't care about the exact sail date :)