Sports Bar/Baseball - QM2

mikeee1133

We are sailing on the QM2 on September 4. Several of us are huge baseball fans. Right now the pennant races are getting very exciting. Is there a place on the QM2 where we will be able to watch any MLB games? Or will we have to depend on getting scores through the Internet.

Thanks

Michael

No, you'll have to check scores on the internet. There are probably not enough fans of American baseball on board to justify the cost of an MLB game package. And if they did, which game is shown? It's not your local sports bar where fans of one particular team tend to congregate.

Edited by BlueRiband

Just looked at the Cunard website and yes, it appears there ARE tvs in there! Whether you can convince them to tune in baseball or if they even receive an American sports channel is another thing! Good luck!

We are sailing on the QM2 on September 4. Several of us are huge baseball fans. Right now the pennant races are getting very exciting. Is there a place on the QM2 where we will be able to watch any MLB games? Or will we have to depend on getting scores through the Internet.

Thanks

Michael

The only sport i have seen on T.V. on Cunard is English soccer, world cup soccer, olympic games and formula motor races. In you cabin there are a couple of American news channels. I am not a fan of baseball but there are always lots of Americans doing a Trans Atlantic Trips so they should cater for them also.;)

There is a sports channel on the ships, I think it's called Sport 24 and is also shown on the room TVs. However, it only shows sports they have a contract with, not sport on an ad hoc basis if an important game comes up. e.g. I was on board when the women's World Cup final was played and there was a lot of disappointed US guests who asked for the game to been shown and it couldn't.

I don't know if baseball is part of the sport package.

Thanks for all the information regarding watching sports. Major League baseball is not shown nor is there a chance of getting. The one good thing is that the U.S. Tennis Open is televised on the Sports 24 channel.

I am sure there are plenty of activities to keep me busy that sports watching will take a 7-day vacation.

On the QM2 you are dependent on the Internet and the AM paper.

However, when we were in France last year I listened to my team on Sirius XM via the cell app and wifi. I played it through my Bose Mini. Priceless!!

Once you and in the atlantic there will be no satellite signal. For some reason the TV companies don't generally transmit to the open ocean :)

Last summer they aired every single World Cup match in the Golden Lion Pub as we crossed the Atlantic Ocean. So certainly they had a proper satellite signal for the entire Atlantic crossing.

--

whyohwhyoh

The Super Bowl is part of the Sport 24 package, like the FA Cup Final is.

Hi Olliesmum,

I didn't mean showing the Super Bowl was special---I meant that showing it on the large theater screen in Illuminations was unusual. It wasn't very well attended (maybe not that many Americans onboard? this was a segment, not a crossing)… so, maybe they switched to showing major sports events to the smaller televisions in bar/lounge settings.

I do believe every effort is made to have major sporting events available to interested passengers.

Sorry if my posting was unclear.

Cheers! Jimmybean

Last summer they aired every single World Cup match in the Golden Lion Pub as we crossed the Atlantic Ocean. So certainly they had a proper satellite signal for the entire Atlantic crossing.

--

whyohwhyoh

A World Cup or two ago we were crossing when England were playing Barbados. They let us in to Illuminations and everyone politely filed in to watch.

Just as the England player (Rooney?) was about to shoot, the picture froze - we'd lost sat. com.

'Thought there was going to be a riot! :-)