Embarkation - Athens

NavyPanda

We are due to embark the Queen Victoria in Athens on the 5th September, we will be staying in Athens for a couple of days beforehand as arranged by our travel agent.

We have been sent our tickets by the travel agent (appears to be a printed out e-ticket), however the time (but not date) of embarkation is missing.

We have sailed from Southampton before and are aware that embarkation starts at 12pm, is this the same situation in Athens or other Med embarkation ports?

I have contacted our TA who says they only know embarkation will finish around 4pm, but do not know when it will begin.

Should I arrive at 12pm (we have to check out of our hotel at 11am) or delay until later when the flights start coming in from Britain as they may only 'open' embarkation when they arrive (or the coaches from the airport)

Edited by NavyPanda

We have embarked in Athens once. That was for a voyage on the QE in 2012 with a similar cutoff for check-in at 4:00pm as best I can recall. The check-in desks did indeed open at 12:00pm for that voyage. We arrived at the port about 11:30am and joined the queue that had already started to form then.

Regards,

John.