Santa Marta???

lillulu

:confused:

Is there nobody out there that has done a private tour in Santa Marta? I would love some information of who you used, what you did, etc. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated as well. I can't seem to find anything about Santa Marta except for the ships excursions. We are there from 8:00 - 5:00 pm on a week day. Thank you in advance.

We hired a cab for the day and went to Tayrona National Park, it's really nice. On the way back we stopped in the seaside village of Taganga for a late lunch, great ceviche in Colombia, especially at the restaurant in the park. Just a tip though, the park does not accept US dollars or any other currency than Colombian pesos. We had the cab driver stop at an ATM so we could withdraw pesos before we left Santa Marta. You'll need to look up the current exchange rate, and estimate costs, the park entrance fee check online and factor some for lunch. You can pay the cab driver with a combo of US dollars and any leftover pesos.

We hired a cab for the day and went to Tayrona National Park, it's really nice. On the way back we stopped in the seaside village of Taganga for a late lunch, great ceviche in Colombia, especially at the restaurant in the park. Just a tip though, the park does not accept US dollars or any other currency than Colombian pesos. We had the cab driver stop at an ATM so we could withdraw pesos before we left Santa Marta. You'll need to look up the current exchange rate, and estimate costs, the park entrance fee check online and factor some for lunch. You can pay the cab driver with a combo of US dollars and any leftover pesos.

Thank you for the information. Is there a Bank we can go to Or do the ATM's exchange your money? I like to always bring back money from different countries. Small amounts, nothing major as a souvenir.

Thank you for the information. Is there a Bank we can go to Or do the ATM's exchange your money? I like to always bring back money from different countries. Small amounts, nothing major as a souvenir.

The ATMs dispense Colombian Pesos (COP), your bank does the conversion, best to use a debit card with no foreign exchange fees but there may be an ATM fee, usually a flat rate of $1 to $3. You'll see the conversion rate and ATM fees on your bank statement. The current rate of exchange is 2920 COP = $1 US Dollar so if you wanted about the equivalent of $100 you'd withdraw 300,000 COP.

The ATMs dispense Colombian Pesos (COP), your bank does the conversion, best to use a debit card with no foreign exchange fees but there may be an ATM fee, usually a flat rate of $1 to $3. You'll see the conversion rate and ATM fees on your bank statement. The current rate of exchange is 2920 COP = $1 US Dollar so if you wanted about the equivalent of $100 you'd withdraw 300,000 COP.

Oh, I hate to do that. I usually take cash into the bank and have them do the exchange into thier country currency.

Thank you again for the information. I appreciate it.

• 1 month later...