Sandy Toes/Rose Island Booked, question about getting back to ship

bmunroe

Hi all, we are in Nassau with Carnival Liberty 4/417 from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Sandy Toes website states that we will return to their dock on Paradise Island Ferry Terminal at 3:45 p.m. And then they state that it is a 7-10 minute taxi ride to the Carnival port. Am I cutting it too close on time? We have never cruised so I have no idea how soon we need to be back to the ship for boarding for 5pm departure.

Hi all, we are in Nassau with Carnival Liberty 4/417 from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Sandy Toes website states that we will return to their dock on Paradise Island Ferry Terminal at 3:45 p.m. And then they state that it is a 7-10 minute taxi ride to the Carnival port. Am I cutting it too close on time? We have never cruised so I have no idea how soon we need to be back to the ship for boarding for 5pm departure.

It's likely you won't make it back in time... Although it usually only takes 10 -15 minutes to get back to port entrance, around that time the bridge gets backed up with traffic and it can take 30 minutes or more just to get over the bridge. Since you have to be back onboard 30 minutes in before departure, that's cutting it too close for comfort for me.

We're on your same cruise and booked at Sandy Toes, as well. I called ST and asked, and she said we'd be fine. I've watched Amazing Race enough times - hopefully we shall find a way! :) See you there!
I've watched Amazing Race enough to know that we'd be the team that has the taxi disaster! :D I cancelled the reservation just to be safe. Too bad. It really seems as if Rose Island is exactly what we are looking for. I've booked a snorkel trip through Carnival. I'm sure it won't be the same experience but I had people here on CC and on Facebook tell me that is was too risky.

I don't blame you! I called back again just to double check, and she said 80% of their guests haves ships that leave the port at 5PM and don't have any issues. So fingers crossed. Maybe add it to your bucket list for a different trip! Have fun! :)

I don't blame you! I called back again just to double check, and she said 80% of their guests haves ships that leave the port at 5PM and don't have any issues. So fingers crossed. Maybe add it to your bucket list for a different trip! Have fun! :)

We have a reservation at the end of April, I would love to know how it worked out for you!!!

Have a great time

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the reminder! Where do I even begin? Sandy Toes/Rose Island absolutely blew us away.

We got off our ship and found the lovely lady that was working on behalf of the Nassau Port Authority. She called one of her personal shuttle drivers, and told us to avoid the (very aggressive) barrage of cabbies that were coming at us from every direction. Took a shuttle to the dock and checked in at the Sandy Toes hut, which is next to Margaritaville. We purchased our all-inclusive drink wristband at that time, as well. The whole process was smooth as silk.

We got in line with our ID's and confirmation, and were then given a welcome cocktail (so good!). Got on the 2-story boat that was going to be taking us to the island, and off we went. The water was insanely beautiful - bright turquoise and emerald, and crystal clear. The boat ride was a bit windy, but it felt great in the hot sun.

When we docked at Sandy Toes, our jaws dropped. Seriously! It's so pretty and serene. The entire staff was so courteous and kind. They gathered us all at the top of the docks for a quick chat to lay out the day, and then we were free to roam. We walked through the paths that led us out to the beach side of the island and when we emerged it was like a scene from a movie. Amazing view as far as the eye could see. The bartender was awesome - he was cranking reeeally good frozen drinks out...didn't miss a beat.

Bathrooms were spotless, and air-conditioned. The lunch was SO GOOD. Still dreaming about the jerk chicken they served. Adults and kids all loved it.

Someone on the forum mentioned that we should walk down over the rock jetty on the left, which we did - and on the other side was the most ridiculously beautiful private beach area I've ever seen.

Tips:

When you get there, grab the chairs under the straw umbrellas as fast as you can, because there were only a few. It's the only cover on the beach.

Don't forget towels!

Wear Teva's or water shoes, if possible. There are rocks in the water, so we got a few little scrapes when we were swimming. Nothing bad at all, but I wished I had mine.

Don't stay in one spot - the property is vast and gorgeous. Wander around and enjoy.

If you get the all-you-can-drink package, they'll give you a drink and a beer at the same time (or even two drinks) just so you don't have to go back and forth from the beach to the bar.

All in all, BEST decision of our entire vacation!! Our shuttle driver was waiting for us at the docks when we got back, and we were back to our port in plenty of time.

Loved it! (Obviously) :)

• 3 months later...

We booked directly through their website. Also, if you call the 800 number, the girl that answers is extremely helpful and will answer any questions you may have. We still talk about Sandy Toes all the time... such a beautiful place, and the best part of our trip.