Charleston Port

voilaparis1

We are embarking from Charleston SC, we are staying overnight on each end of the cruise. I am looking for an affordable hotel in Charleston where we could leave our car and take a shuttle to the port. Thanks for any advice.

We love Charleston and living in Charlotte, NC have been there more than a few times.

Unfortunately, the cruise port is right in the historic downtown area and it can be extremely pricey to stay in the area. The CVB (Charleston Area visitors center) site has a listing of hotels that offer cruise packages. IMHO, I would avoid North Charleston/airport area and stay in Mt Pleasant - I know the Holiday Inn Express on Johnny Dodd has packages and it's just over the bridge from the historic district, maybe a 10-15 minute drive.....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by Herfnerd

We love Charleston and living in Charlotte, NC have been there more than a few times.

Unfortunately, the cruise port is right in the historic downtown area and it can be extremely pricey to stay in the area. The CVB (Charleston Area visitors center) site has a listing of hotels that offer cruise packages. IMHO, I would avoid North Charleston/airport area and stay in Mt Pleasant - I know the Holiday Inn Express on Johnny Dodd has packages and it's just over the bridge from the historic district, maybe a 10-15 minute drive.....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Right by the airport and convention center is fine. Other parts of North Charleston are a different story but right by the airport and arena is no worries.

Right by the airport and convention center is fine. Other parts of North Charleston are a different story but right by the airport and arena is no worries.

True, but Mt Pleasant is closer to the historic district, the port and close to Shem Creek

Edited by Herfnerd

True, but Mt Pleasant is closer to the historic district, the port and close to Shem Creek

But the OP didn't say they wanted to visit any of those places. Besides, Charleston is not that big and driving from the airport area to those areas is not really that big of a deal.

But the OP didn't say they wanted to visit any of those places. Besides, Charleston is not that big and driving from the airport area to those areas is not really that big of a deal.

True - just anticipating. Be a shame to stay pre and post cruise in the Charleston area and not visit the sites...... ;-)