NCL Jewel or Princess Coral

cclpc

I know many people said you pick the itinerary and not the ship, but we really have a dilemma and wanted to hear your advice. We are choosing between 2 Vancouver Northbound cruises - Princess Coral which includes Glacier Bay and College Fjord vs. NCL Jewel which has 2 of my favorite place - Glacier Bay and Hubbard Glacier. Which one will you pick? Thanks so much!

We had Coral on our Alaska tour. We were impressed by the Naturalist onboard, and the presentation of the Park Ranger. We like the food on Princess at the MDR and the buffet. We also find the food on specialty dining excellent. Their beverage package is cheaper. Overall, we enjoyed our cruise.

In terms of the itinerary both a great so either one would be fine.

So now you are down to the ship and the cruise line. I would read reviews about each ship and remember some of this will come down to personal preference.

If it was me I would pick Princess but maybe 20 years ago when younger then we are today I would have picked NCL.

Keith

I have sailed both lines and Pearl in Alaska. I too would suggest reading the ship reviews. But I will never "rank" those 3 glaciers. Instead I'll say, what ever one yur you choose you are missing the other. Equally, Hubbard and College are very scenic.

Fact- ALL cruise ships that enter Glacier Bay bring on Park Service Rangers, ( frequently 3, plus someone from Alaska Geographic.

Maybe also look at: ports and port times on each itinerary and compare the class of room you are looking at on each ship--is one slightly larger or better configured? Also is one cruise significantly cheaper? They both sound awesome although since I cruised on the Coral, I'm biased. :) We loved it.