First Time cruising from NYC

sandjforever

I am on NCL Gem September 16th. My flight arrives at 8:17 that morning from Greensboro (I know...don't fly day of embarkation but this is a last minute trip). Getting from airport to the pier, would it be best to use Dial 7 or book transportation through NCL? My online check in says I can board 10:00-10:30.

Thanks in advance!!

I am on NCL Gem September 16th. My flight arrives at 8:17 that morning from Greensboro (I know...don't fly day of embarkation but this is a last minute trip). Getting from airport to the pier, would it be best to use Dial 7 or book transportation through NCL? My online check in says I can board 10:00-10:30.

Thanks in advance!!

How many people are in your party. If it's just you, taking NCL's airport transportation will probably be cheaper than a car service. Also what airport are you flying into? I think NCL only offers bus transfers from LGA, but I haven't checked recently.

If you have two or more people traveling book a car service such as Dial 7 or Carmel.

I think it's most likely LGA if NCL is an option for bus transfer, although post-cruise, they also do JFK dropoff the afternoon flights ... with all the "givens" and unknown. Downside is everyone has to sit & wait until the bus pax booked arrrived & loaded along with luggage, and that 45 minutes bus transfer can dragged or stretched easily 90 minutes & longer, can arriving at MCT until 10:30 or 11 AM ++ where as we know, priority & early boarding usually begin inside already.

NCL also offer Ground Link as their private sedan/contracted transfer partner - no ideas how they are priced ... someone on NCL forum did posted not too long ago saying it's price competitive vs. Carmel or Dial 7 car services ... for what it's worth.

Otherwise, as NJH recommended already, use Dial 7 or Carmel - fares for a 4 door, full size sedan - good for up 3 adults + luggage is around $40 + $8.50 toll + tips. From LGA terminal, take the "green" color shuttle, free to the FHV pickup lot (5 minutes away) to meet the car service/driver - plenty of greeters to help for arriving pax.

Yellow taxi stand is at the terminals but beware that the ride will be based on metered rates and heavy traffic or delays en route can add extra $$ to the fares while at a standstill (i.e. Queens Midtown Tunnel has been a horror show on weekends with just one tube open, 2 way traffic - one lanes only - Yike !!)

Just made reservations with Dial 7 $28 each way. Figured that wasn't too bad. NCL wanted $40 plus something about $30 insurance.

Just remember that tolls and tip will be on top of the $28 quote (and I'm scratching head about the $28 too, because their typical fare quote from LGA to Manhattan is about $34 https://dial7.com/rates.html ). I have no idea what NCL is talking about with $30 for insurance. $40 is their standard transfer charge from LGA to the cruise terminal.

Just remember that tolls and tip will be on top of the $28 quote (and I'm scratching head about the $28 too, because their typical fare quote from LGA to Manhattan is about $34 https://dial7.com/rates.html ). I have no idea what NCL is talking about with $30 for insurance. $40 is their standard transfer charge from LGA to the cruise terminal.

There is a $6 coupon code online to make it $28.

• 2 weeks later...