Is there a time of year when you will see more 'calving'

rgmacm

Nope.

The ONLY way to see glacier calving is to take every opportunity for viewing. The more glaciers you park yourself at and LOOK, the more you see. It is completely unpredictable. Clearly some glaciers are more active. Clearly it would offer you "more" if you based your selections on that.

With visits, don't just be "ok" with the sailing. It is worthwhile to go on tours, significantly including your "looking" opportunities. A LOT of people simple miss, Kenai Fjords and Prince William Sound, on a tour, you have very good chances of seeing some calving. I go out multiple times- EVERY time I'n in these areas. As example, I went out to Kenai fjords 3 times and PWS 1- this year.

What others report with slants toward you seeing the same thing are severely mistaken. So don't be narrow in your selections. Multiple simply increase your "viewing' oppportunities.

If glacier calving is on your priority list choose and itinerary with Hubbard Glacier or Margerie Glacier. The entrance to Hubbard can sometimes be clogged with ice although Margerie is always accessible in Glacier Bay.