Booked with MSC...First Impressions Are Not Good

GadgetRick

Update:

Got to the port and got aboard with no problems. Just have to sort out my Internet--wasn't able to order early to get the bonus because of these problems--but I'm not messing with Guest Services until later when the crowds die down.

Bonus is the pizza is awesome.

That's great news! Glad to hear it worked out. Enjoy the cruise!

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Forums mobile app

Ok, at sea, some observations:

-They really need to get their act together on customer service. The customer service desk was SWAMPED yesterday. 20+ people on line almost constantly. For the most part, they only had TWO people working the desk even though they have the ability to have like 6 or 8 people working it. That's the busiest time for that desk. We waited an hour to see someone. Not good.

-Staff is VERY friendly. Love that.

-Cabin is nice even if it's smaller than what I've seen in videos. We have a balcony cabin and I thought there was a small couch and full-sized desk. I don't care about the couch but the desk was something I'd hoped for. Not a huge deal but I didn't realize there are such differing sizes. Again, not a big deal but something to be aware of.

-Food on the buffet is quite good as I've heard. Didn't make it to the MDR last night.

I'll keep everyone posted.

Glad to hear things are working out, GR.

Sounds like you have a Bella balcony cabin - not sure what you booked. Fantastica and Aurea cabins have a sofa in them.

Hope everything goes well and you have a fantastic cruise! :)

Glad to hear things are working out, GR.

Sounds like you have a Bella balcony cabin - not sure what you booked. Fantastica and Aurea cabins have a sofa in them.

Hope everything goes well and you have a fantastic cruise! :)

We are on the Aurea deck (12). We did book Fantastica level if that's what you mean?

Cabin is fine just wish I had a bigger desk.

We are on the Aurea deck (12). We did book Fantastica level if that's what you mean?

Cabin is fine just wish I had a bigger desk.

I'm very surprised you don't have a sofa in a Fantastica cabin. The reason I referenced the sofa is because the extra space needed to accommodate one would also allow for a larger desk area, which is what you would have preferred. Can I ask what cabin you're in? (I understand if you don't want to identify it here while you're onboard).

Hi,

as far as I have recognized, it depends on the ship, if there is a sofa/couch in a balcony stateroom Fantastica - we will go on our first cruise with MSC in September on the Sinfonia, and I have noticed after booking, that we won't have a sofa in the stateroom - so it is smaller than we are used to it from Carnival, Celebrity and Costa. I think the newer ships will have that. You can check that on their homepage.

Enjoy your cruise!

A little more than halfway through the cruise. Thankfully, MSC--the captain and crew of the Divina--have done an excellent job in all aspects. I'll post a full review with more details when I'm home. But, suffice to say, if they can get their act together on their customer service side (in the US), MSC might be the perfect cruise line.

Just have to sort out my Internet--wasn't able to order early to get the bonus because of these problems--but I'm not messing with Guest Services until later when the crowds die down.

I realize you don't use TA's because "it's 2017" but a travel agent would have been able to easily add the internet package to your reservation prior to boarding eliminating your need to visit Guest Services during your vacation time. I do it on a daily basis. Not trying to start anything. Just making a point.

Bret

A little more than halfway through the cruise. Thankfully, MSC--the captain and crew of the Divina--have done an excellent job in all aspects. I'll post a full review with more details when I'm home. But, suffice to say, if they can get their act together on their customer service side (in the US), MSC might be the perfect cruise line.

I am looking forward to your review. Leaving in 9 days.

I realize you don't use TA's because "it's 2017" but a travel agent would have been able to easily add the internet package to your reservation prior to boarding eliminating your need to visit Guest Services during your vacation time. I do it on a daily basis. Not trying to start anything. Just making a point.

Bret

And the point you continue to miss is it's about the fact the company--MSC US--is dropping the ball. A TA isn't going to fix that, they would just mask those issues.

It's still 2017 and I still don't need a TA. I just need MSC US to actually do what they're supposed to do. I don't think that's asking for too much.

Enough with the TA already, I'm not interested in using one.

I am looking forward to your review. Leaving in 9 days.

I don't think you'll be disappointed. In fact, the wife and I have been so impressed with the ship/crew that we booked Seaside for June of next year.

But I'll write a more in-depth review when we get back. Suffice to say, much of the complaints I've read about the ship turn out to be minor (at worst). We've found this ship to be awesome and the crew to be awesomer.

Very glad to hear you are having a good time and have only had to deal with a few minor issues. I agree with you, they need to get their problems worked out. As much whining as I have seen on the Carnival board, some of those folks wouldn't even begin to handle the glitches MSC has. I hate to see MSC lose potential customer's over things that should be pretty easy to correct. Enjoy the rest of your vacation! Look forward to your review when you return.

I don't think you'll be disappointed. In fact, the wife and I have been so impressed with the ship/crew that we booked Seaside for June of next year.

But I'll write a more in-depth review when we get back. Suffice to say, much of the complaints I've read about the ship turn out to be minor (at worst). We've found this ship to be awesome and the crew to be awesomer.

Glad to hear things worked out.

Glad to hear that.

Look forward to the in-depth review, but glad to hear the trip has ended up being so enjoyable! Good job MSC.

I would also love to have some inside info on contact people at MSC. Website and both myself and my TA trying to get things sorted out has been complete waste of time so far. Not sure how to obtain this info from you short of posting on open forum my email address...suggestions?

thanks in advance

******* OOOOPS..just saw your email address post

Hi Rick,

Oh yes MSC has GREAT problems, but great ships.. I had more than a few HUGE problems with them, but always got resolved. However usually with great pressure. I have personal contact info on many people form MSC from top to down to reservation. If you want the right people to talk to contact me..

I would also love to have some inside info on contact people at MSC. Website and both myself and my TA trying to get things sorted out has been complete waste of time so far. Not sure how to obtain this info from you short of posting on open forum my email address...suggestions?

thanks in advance

You can email me at GadgetRick at gmail.

As a follow-up, I posted a review of the cruise. Thanks to the captain and crew of the Divina, we had an incredible time--and I'm not a huge cruise fan and, well, you saw the problems we had--in fact, we booked Seaside for June of 2018.

Anyway, you can read my full review here.

Hope it helps some of you.