LIVE from SPIRIT

Lois R

Colin was on my TA on the Wind last November.

Penny

Is Colin Brown still active on Silversea? Really? What great news.

He was CD on one of my first Silversea cruises in 1998 on Cloud. It has been a while since he has served as CD on one of my cruises.

Along with the late and greatly lamented Judy Abbott, Colin is my favorite CD on any luxury line.

If I knew what cruise(s) he would be CDing, I might well book in order to see him again.

Colin is now the CD on the Wind, he boarded July 31st; when the very engaging nice CD, Big Bob left as well as Ida and I. We first cruised with Colin back in 2007 and then again with him on the Wind fall crossing last November. Concur Colin in the vein of the late (words fail Judy was best CD we ever sailed with beloved by guests & crew) Judy and Fernando is a truly outstanding CD. Snap below of Colin toasting his fellow Wind leadership team last November and a snap of a dinner with the outstanding CD Colin Brown last November.

82b94f9791a33a9f951788aa3fad321c.jpg

2aee5346909af1f5cd36f37fa0363dda.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We've only cruised with Colin (46 days) on the Wind, Moss Hills (16 days) on the Spirit, and Adam Wright (10 days) on the Wind as CDs. We unfortunately did not have the privilege to meet and cruise with Judy and so far have not cruised with Fernando. Colin has the added advantage of being the CD on our first Silversea cruise back in 2012 so he kind of has a special place in our memories. Helps he's a welcoming and great CD. Moss was good but no Colin on our one cruise with him and Adam unfortunately would finish a distant third. Funny thing is with 300+ days on Holland America we probably couldn't name a CD we got to know, like, or even recognize even if offfered a penthouse suite cruise. :)

We've been on literally 100s of cruises. April was our first SS cruise (loved it, but that's another story) and we had Moss. There are only 2 CD's that stand out as favorites....John Baron on Regent and Moss.......There have been a couple that I could've done easily without, but we don't usually interact much with the CD's. Both of the above gentlemen were particular stand outs in our book.

Literally awe struck.....We had no idea the Moss was one of the two who saved hundreds on that ill fated Oceanos. Totally blown away. Thank you, Emtbsam, for giving us a heads up on this. We would've never known. Our hats are off to the man!

Glad to see Lois checking in! Must have missed this thread over the weekend. Great itinerary...here's my comparatively simple itinerary for the same time frame:

August 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18: work. :eek:

Have a great rest of the cruise, Lois!

Glad to see Lois checking in! Must have missed this thread over the weekend. Great itinerary...here's my comparatively simple itinerary for the same time frame:

Funny, funny... but only the post...reality, so sad..:(

It seems that both Lois and her thread have been hijacked. Now what are the chances of that ......... :D

We've been on literally 100s of cruises. April was our first SS cruise (loved it, but that's another story) and we had Moss. There are only 2 CD's that stand out as favorites....John Baron on Regent and Moss.......There have been a couple that I could've done easily without, but we don't usually interact much with the CD's. Both of the above gentlemen were particular stand outs in our book.

John Baron on Regent-- absolutely the best CD I have encountered.

Hi ya'll........:)......last day on the ship.......still in Livorno.....(overnight stay). I went to Florence yesterday:D DAVID

is magnificant.

Fernando is great:D.......knowlegable and very funny. Someone mentioned the thread being hijacked? It does look like it.....:eek:

It has been an absolutely marvelous cruise. I should not have watched any of the news though:mad:.......it is an

embarrassment to see what is happening..........

The food, service, staff, crew are all amazing.:) Questions about the ports...I will try and answer when I get home

this weekend and yes, I am definitely thinking about another cruise with SS

Lois if you are thinking about booking again, if you do so on board, you will get a 5% discount for doing so. You don't even have to select the cruise... just a place holder by paying a deposit. And now you've sailed, any Venetian labelled cruises will get you an additional 5% on top too. (And 10% on top of that if it's an "early booking" option)

Worth keeping in mind. You can transfer the booking to your TA if you wanted after.

Hi ya'll........:)......last day on the ship.......still in Livorno.....(overnight stay). I went to Florence yesterday:D DAVID is magnificant. Fernando is great:D.......knowlegable and very funny. Someone mentioned the thread being hijacked? It does look like it.....It has been an absolutely marvelous cruise. I should not have watched any of the news though......it is an embarrassment to see what is happening..........The food, service, staff, crew are all amazing.:) Questions about the ports...I will try and answer when I get home this weekend and yes, I am definitely thinking about another cruise with SS

Great to get this excellent update and details from Lois. Glad that your "adventure" has worked so super well. YES, look forward, after your return to Jacksonville, to hear more about your port activities, loves, surprises, etc. Agree with the wise wisdom from Les on the smarts for doing an on-board booking, that future flexibility, the savings, etc.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 185,152 views for this posting.

Moss was the CD on my June Spirit cruise. He joined a group of us at dinner and was absolutely delightful. Great guy with a super sense of humor.

Jimmy K is scheduled to join the Muse in Montreal.

Appreciate these great comments and follow-ups regarding various Cruise Directors with Silversea. Yes, agree on Moss being excellent. We had a chance to chat with him and he was so nice, well-informed and interesting. Below is a picture of him being on the stage in late June as we were sailing off of France's Atlantic coast.

Plus, below are visuals of our other two CD's when doing previous SS sailings. Great to know that Jimmy has moved up, UP to the big-time by being on the Muse. Do any of my pictures bring back memories?

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

AFRICA?!!?: Lots of interesting and dramatic pictures can be seen from this live/blog at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2310337

Now at 33,981 views for this visual sharing including Cape Town, along South Africa’s coast, Mozambique, Victoria Falls/Zambia and Botswana's famed Okavango Delta area.

Here is Moss Hills on the stage during our June Silver Spirit cruise before the start of a "Mind the Gap" music program featuring wonderful British 1960's music.:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see these pictures larger!)

July%202017A%201620_zpsphzmydun.jpg

Here is our Cruise Director Jimmy Kovel (right) in July 2010 while on the Silver Cloud with super skilled Jorge Caeiro, our ship’s Maître d'Hôtel on this first sailing with Silversea.:

July%202017A%201653_zps32isx2id.jpg

For three different Silver Cloud cruises . . . on the Amazon River, in the Caribbean and off of the South Africa coast . . . we had Alan King as our fun CD. That totaled 36 sailing days with Alan. Moss told us in June that Alan is no longer with Silversea, but is working with another cruise line now. This 2016 picture below shows Cruise Director Allan King doing his wrap-up for the evening with his colorful soxes, plus his old-school, charming, corny jokes.:

Africa2016PixsA2_zpsd48quaea.jpg