Royal or Regal Princess - Dimensions for a standard balcony

cruise101

We have D410 on an upcoming Regal cruise. It's a Deluxe Balcony at the opposite end of the hump from D424...the balcony should be a mirror image of yours. We chose the cabin specifically for the oversized balcony and the location.

I believe the only difference between D410 and D424 is that in D410, you will have a small sofa instead of a chair inside the cabin. I haven't sailed on either the Regal or Royal as of yet, but my research tells me that your room is a bit larger, while the balcony will be as you described.

I believe the only difference between D410 and D424 is that in D410, you will have a small sofa instead of a chair inside the cabin. I haven't sailed on either the Regal or Royal as of yet, but my research tells me that your room is a bit larger, while the balcony will be as you described.

The difference in size is hardly noticeable. It would have been nice if they could have added that little extra room to the balcony.

The difference in size is hardly noticeable. It would have been nice if they could have added that little extra room to the balcony.

It is only 11 sq ft bigger ... but if it allows for a couch instead of just a chair, I am all in.

To each his own, but I would rather have the extra room inside the cabin. And, the balcony for that cabin is supposedly a bit larger anyway .... so win win!!

It is only 11 sq ft bigger ... but if it allows for a couch instead of just a chair, I am all in.

To each his own, but I would rather have the extra room inside the cabin. And, the balcony for that cabin is supposedly a bit larger anyway .... so win win!!

Having a small couch was very important to me! I think the cabin will be the best of both worlds, but I'll find out for sure in October!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We've had a deluxe balcony cabin with the loveseat size couch on all 3 Royal/Regal cruises & we used it often.

Twice it was on TA cruises in the direct sunlight & between getting too hot and the less comfortable balcony chairs on all Princess ships, we more often enjoyed the view from the couch. The 11 sq.ft of space is about 1 foot of extra length & like you would prefer it inside with a couch than having the balcony 9'x5' instead of 9'x4'.

Edited by Astro Flyer