Final payment not hitting credit card

So I made our final payment for our cruise coming up in December yesterday morning. It appeared at the time that the payment went through successfully. After over 24 hours, the charge is not showing up on my credit card and I never received a payment confirmation email from Royal, but in my booking dashboard it shows an outstanding balance of $0. Has this ever happened to anyone before? Should I call?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Does your credit card web site not show "pending" charges? Ours did not show pending charges until recenrly, and it would take about 3 days for a charge to show as posted.

Hmmm it's a brand new Amex so I'm not as familiar with the online banking aspect. Good point though. Either way, does Royal not send a payment confirmation when you make your final payment? I've received payment confirmations for every other time I've paid for things (deposit, shore excursion, and drink package).

Does your credit card web site not show "pending" charges? Ours did not show pending charges until recenrly, and it would take about 3 days for a charge to show as posted.

So weird... you're right. I've never had a credit card not show pending payments. I found it hidden in online banking. Guess maybe I'll call for a receipt from Royal.

I feel silly now- thanks Bob!

Hmmm it's a brand new Amex so I'm not as familiar with the online banking aspect. Good point though. Either way, does Royal not send a payment confirmation when you make your final payment? I've received payment confirmations for every other time I've paid for things (deposit, shore excursion, and drink package).

Royal's automated email system is not the most reliable. If you have a few days untkl final payment date, I'd wait, and if the charge has not posted, then I'd call. If final payment date is today closer, then I'd call now.

So weird... you're right. I've never had a credit card not show pending payments. I found it hidden in online banking. Guess maybe I'll call for a receipt from Royal.

I feel silly now- thanks Bob!

Call and ask for the invoice. 800-526-9723

My American Express will show payment within a day after its made unless over the weekend, our online bank statement will show a pending charge.

Interesting....My AMEX (Platinum) shows immediately (regardless of day or time) a transaction especially those without a card being present posted to my email and the option of disputing or questioning the charge. I just assumed it was this way with all AMEX.

It has happened to me, I had booked three cabins and after I told my T/A to make final payment, only two showed up on my credit card. I made numerous phone calls to the cruise line saying the third charge never appeared on my credit card. They kept saying all three were paid for and to just wait for the charge to show up.

Fast forward to the actual cruise sailing and I was summoned to the pursers office claiming I paid for the cruise with a stolen credit card! Seems my T/A mis-charged the third cruise to another client who didn't notice for over a month.

I was happy to pay on the spot and finally get the issue resolved.

If the charge is not showing on your credit card within 48 hours (check pending charges too), something is wrong.

Interesting....My AMEX (Platinum) shows immediately (regardless of day or time) a transaction especially those without a card being present posted to my email and the option of disputing or questioning the charge. I just assumed it was this way with all AMEX.

It's an Amex blue preferred card, and you have to dig to find the pending charges under statement and activity. Doesn't show up off the front page of online banking. All cleared up though now. Again, I feel silly but I'm just so use to all transactions, even pending, showing up like my other credit cards (bank of America).

It's an Amex blue preferred card, and you have to dig to find the pending charges under statement and activity. Doesn't show up off the front page of online banking. All cleared up though now. Again, I feel silly but I'm just so use to all transactions, even pending, showing up like my other credit cards (bank of America).

Thanks for reporting back.

Just had this same issue although I did receive the invoice. Final payment was due. It showed up on my bank account then was gone the next day. It took two more days to actually post to my bank account. They must do them in large batches.