Just off my first cruise ever...what do i complain about first...

Travelnerd44

oh ya....NOTHIN'!! :p

Just got off the Glory this morning...sitting in a hotel in Fll waiting to fly home tomorrow morning...and am totally absolutely irreparably addicted to cruising!!! :D

What an absolutely fantastic time...great weather, my little windowless interior cabin in the bottom of the ship was just fine, Chris my cabin steward was a sweetheart, the food was omg :o and just about everything we did was a total riot! No complaints from me...

A few technical difficulties with the shows...my bottomless bubbles was a little watered down, and my feet are so swollen i cant fit into my flipflops anymore.....but my table mates who we met the first night were a total hoot...i had my picture taken with the Captain and i saw dolphins jumping out of the middle of the ocean...

...oh....and warm chocolate melting cake.....

need i say more! :rolleyes:

Thank you everyone for easing my newbie fears and sharing your insights...I have already emailed my hubby to say pack up the bags we're taking the kids next year! :D

Ok seeing how you had suchj a terible time. Your first complaint should be, who do they think they were. Making you get off the ship.

A newbie question here... what is with feet swelling?

Is it from walking a lot and non-supportive shoes?

Or is it something else?

I have issues with ankle swelling when wearing bad shoes, does being on ship intensify this?

Bad shoes are not going on the cruise. I have some Orthoheels I bought for the trip.

Woot woot!! Glad you had a great time. My family is quite addicted as well. We sailed the Breeze in January and we loved it! Up next The Sunshine out of NOLA January 2014, we cannot wait!

• 4 years later...
At least YOU had a good time! When I was on the Glory, I was so angry because the water in the pool wasn't as wet as it was in the pool on the Liberty!! I didn't tip anyone because of this outrage. I wrote several 20 page letters describing my anger and disappointment to Carnival. But did they refund me? Noooooooooooooooo.

Awe man...when the water isn't wet enough...I HATE when that happens! ;)

Travelnerd44 here...its been awhile...and I can't believe I found this thread that I started so long ago!!!! Your responses were so fun to read again!!!!!

Anyway, my plans to go on my second cruise were delayed a few years because I decided to go back to school and finish my degree once all my kids were out of diapers. And I did. Yayyy! :cool: So as a graduation gift to myself...guess what I'm doing...going on a cruise!!! Finally!!!

So far my complaints are that I have to wait until February, and all the bathing suits I took on my last cruise are too big so I have to buy new ones. Hate when that happens its so annoying. ;p

For all of you who responded before and I didn't get back to...sorry for the delay.

Happy cruising all! I've got some reading to catch up on!

oh ya....NOTHIN'!! :p

Just got off the Glory this morning...sitting in a hotel in Fll waiting to fly home tomorrow morning...and am totally absolutely irreparably addicted to cruising!!! :D

What an absolutely fantastic time...great weather, my little windowless interior cabin in the bottom of the ship was just fine, Chris my cabin steward was a sweetheart, the food was omg :o and just about everything we did was a total riot! No complaints from me...

A few technical difficulties with the shows...my bottomless bubbles was a little watered down, and my feet are so swollen i cant fit into my flipflops anymore.....but my table mates who we met the first night were a total hoot...i had my picture taken with the Captain and i saw dolphins jumping out of the middle of the ocean...

...oh....and warm chocolate melting cake.....

need i say more! :rolleyes:

Thank you everyone for easing my newbie fears and sharing your insights...I have already emailed my hubby to say pack up the bags we're taking the kids next year! :D

So happy for you!!! This is how I felt after my first, second, third, fourth...you get the point!!! NOw start looking for different ship and itinerary!! FUn fun!! Welcome to the addiction!!!

For our 25th anniversary I decided to take my wife on our first cruise. Once I told her, she said "We will bring the Kids!", so I booked ajoining inside cabins on the Carnival Spirit out of San Diego with romantic Acupulco as the first port. Much to our suprise and delight, somebody at Carnival decided that we should receive a free upgrade to connecting balcony cabins. It was a great first cruise except, now my wife says "Only book a balcony!". I think Carnival is like a bunch of drug pushers "Here, have a balcony, the first one is free. See how you like it"...

This is 4 years old.

My original post is yes...4 years old...hard to believe! But my most recent addition discussing my new cruise adventure on this thread was 2 days ago or so. It was fun reading back through some of my old thoughts on the subject...the excitement level is still the same however! :cool:

A newbie question here... what is with feet swelling?

Is it from walking a lot and non-supportive shoes?

Or is it something else?

I have issues with ankle swelling when wearing bad shoes, does being on ship intensify this?

Bad shoes are not going on the cruise. I have some Orthoheels I bought for the trip.

It is the walking and the heat, but mostly the salt.

I don't eat the soup or anything that I know is salty.

And drink lots of water.

It helps.

Yay, another convert! Get that countdown clock going- it's the only way you'll survive being back!

Testify! Every day I look at it and hit the CC boards just for a daily fix. 71 Days. Five Carnival cruises. No complaints.