Just off my first cruise ever...what do i complain about first...

Travelnerd44

oh ya....NOTHIN'!! :p

Just got off the Glory this morning...sitting in a hotel in Fll waiting to fly home tomorrow morning...and am totally absolutely irreparably addicted to cruising!!! :D

What an absolutely fantastic time...great weather, my little windowless interior cabin in the bottom of the ship was just fine, Chris my cabin steward was a sweetheart, the food was omg :o and just about everything we did was a total riot! No complaints from me...

A few technical difficulties with the shows...my bottomless bubbles was a little watered down, and my feet are so swollen i cant fit into my flipflops anymore.....but my table mates who we met the first night were a total hoot...i had my picture taken with the Captain and i saw dolphins jumping out of the middle of the ocean...

...oh....and warm chocolate melting cake.....

need i say more! :rolleyes:

Thank you everyone for easing my newbie fears and sharing your insights...I have already emailed my hubby to say pack up the bags we're taking the kids next year! :D

Just got off the Glory this morning...sitting in a hotel in Fll waiting to fly home tomorrow morning...and am totally absolutely irreparably addicted to cruising!!! :D

What an absolutely fantastic time...great weather, my little windowless interior cabin in the bottom of the ship was just fine, Chris my cabin steward was a sweetheart, the food was omg :o and just about everything we did was a total riot! No complaints from me...

A few technical difficulties with the shows...my bottomless bubbles was a little watered down, and my feet are so swollen i cant fit into my flipflops anymore.....but my table mates who we met the first night were a total hoot...i had my picture taken with the Captain and i saw dolphins jumping out of the middle of the ocean...

Thank you everyone for easing my newbie fears and sharing your insights...I have already emailed my hubby to say pack up the bags we're taking the kids next year! :D

Welcome back, glad you had a great cruise! Welcome to your new addiction! So when's your next cruise? ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse any typographical errors.

So cool! Glad you had a fantastic time! Now you are a Carnival Cruise Lines VIFP, and eligible for past guest discount prices! GREAT!!!

Welcome to the cruise addition club. The only way to vacation.

5/2013 Fascination

5/2012 Carnival Conquest

1/2011 Carnival Truimph

2/2010 Carnival Truimph

1/2009 Carnival Freedom

4/2008 Carnival Fantasy

countdown.pl?image=Beach-10&name=David - Deborah&date=5-11-2013&text=30th Anniversary Cruise&ship=Carnival Fascination:)

How awesome for you! We took our kids on our second cruise and they LOVED it! Have been bugging me for the last 4 years to take them again(their father and I take one solo vacation a year, and it's ALWAYS a cruise) However, my 2 older girls are travelling with my sister and I on the Liberty in just 76 days! They will be totally hooked! And their little brother is GREEN :rolleyes:

When I am on a Carnival ship I have the warm chocolate cake every night.

My daughter loves cruising, however, last week she went to an all inclusive with her boyfriend and his family and she said it was alright but she was bored around the fifth day.

Glad you had a great time. We love cruising in our family. Especially me! Oldest son says I'm a cruise addict. We're looking at booking our first Carnival cruise as a family (I did a short Sensation cruise with teen daughter-- who thought it was ok but wants nothing but Disney Cruise Line-- Cunard or a private mega yacht with a handsome, young, billionaire prince wouldn't match DCL in her mind) and your post is encouraging, as I've been going back and forth.

Husband told me after our last Disney cruise-- no more cruises! It set us back like years of retirement living (Panama Canal repo in December), then I looked at Carnival Dream-- showed him the price for an oceanview for 5 of us, and he said, "book it!" And since the Disney snob is away at college...

With all the "Negative Nellies" out there, it's nice to hear a great review of a first cruise. We had our first last Feb. and have been hooked since. If Carnival is the entry level of cruising, then I'm happy to cruise them. If I choose another cruise line then I guess it just gets better?? Don't see how, but if it is better on other cruise lines then there's no down side to cruising no matter which line you choose.

Glad you had a great time. The Glory is an awesome ship. :cool::D:cool:

okay well i have one complaint...how come it took only 6 days to get so used to the gentle rocking of the ship (the first day was ugh...thank gawd for queasy beads lol :rolleyes: ) ...

now i can't sleep.

Damm you Carnival!

:p