Truman's Little White House

hugger

We are going to be in Key West at the end of this month. We are interested in walking from the ship to the site - I know it's on Front Street. However, I have spent a couple of hour's trying to figure out how to walk there. Google is a bit confusing as to where you should walk.

Has anyone walked this from the ship and can you give directions as the best way to do this - when we were there last year we never found it by asking directions as we went. We kept getting turned around and finally had to give up and get back to the ship. I have a feeling we walked all around it - kept gettng turned around in parking lots etc.

There has to be a place right there to buy tickets and get in

There's 2 ways to get there...both are easy.

First, you can walk straight down Whitehead Street. At the intersection of Caroline Street, you'll see a large iron gate on your right that prevents vehicles from continuing down Caroline. Walk through that gate and keeping walking straight. You'll run right into it at the corner of Front.

The second way is, walk past the Westin Hotel on Front Street. Where the road turns to go out to the pier, you'll see a foot path through a garden. Walk down that path. It'll lead you to where Front Street continues. Stay straight on Front and the LWH will be on your right side.

Edited by Aquahound

That is exactly what I was looking for - I knew that there had to be a way to walk straight through when we walked off the ship. I could kind of see it on google but yet not really.

THANKS AGAIN

FWIW the tour of the house is free for Vets on 11/11/15.

Pjk

Unfortunately, we won't be there until the 28th. There is a discount for vet's with Military ID from what I understand - I believe it's 13.98.

I have written to them to see IF you can just show your ID at the gate or IF you must get them ahead of time on the base.

Unfortunately, we won't be there until the 28th. There is a discount for vet's with Military ID from what I understand - I believe it's 13.98.

I have written to them to see IF you can just show your ID at the gate or IF you must get them ahead of time on the base.

I just found out the deal includes more activities and it includes police officers as well as vets...

Free Admission to the following: Old Town Trolley Tours, Conch Tour Train, Key West Aquarium, Truman Little White House, Flagler Station, Key West Shipwreck Treasure Museum, Key West Walking Tour and Ghosts & Gravestones.

Pjk

Edited by peter_krynicki

There's 2 ways to get there...both are easy.

First, you can walk straight down Whitehead Street. At the intersection of Caroline Street, you'll see a large iron gate on your right that prevents vehicles from continuing down Caroline. Walk through that gate and keeping walking straight. You'll run right into it at the corner of Front.

The second way is, walk past the Westin Hotel on Front Street. Where the road turns to go out to the pier, you'll see a foot path through a garden. Walk down that path. It'll lead you to where Front Street continues. Stay straight on Front and the LWH will be on your right side.

If you're coming right from the ship, you will want to use Aquahound's 2nd directions. As long as you walk from the ship to Front Street and turn right, you should easily and quickly get to the LWH.

• 1 year later...