Insignia laundry rooms?

geegeecruiser

• 6 months later...

Thanks! We will be doing laundry practically as we board the ship. My son and I have a horseback excursion that morning. My husband is extremely allergic to horses, so I'll be washing everything we use near the horses and storing son's boots in my room stateroom (Son and Husband have one, Mom and I have the other).

Thanks! We will be doing laundry practically as we board the ship. My son and I have a horseback excursion that morning. My husband is extremely allergic to horses, so I'll be washing everything we use near the horses and storing son's boots in my room stateroom (Son and Husband have one, Mom and I have the other).

Sorry to hear that. It's one of the most unusual allergies I have ever heard of.

Hope all goes well and that you have a great cruise.

Sorry to hear that. It's one of the most unusual allergies I have ever heard of.

Hope all goes well and that you have a great cruise.

Not really that unusual. As a you might guess from my Cruise Critic handle, I've owned many horses. My son could never hang out at the barn or get in close contact with my horses because he was allergic to them. it's not much different than being allergic to cats or dogs, which is not uncommon. Usually it's an allergy to the dander shed by animals with fur or feathers.

All the "R" ships (Regatta, Insignia, Nautica and Sirena) only have one laundry room. Yes, irons and a board are available.

Usage isn't free but the cost isn't huge and they do provide the soap.

Mura

Going to be on Nautica. Are there irons available? How many laundry rooms? Used to Crystal where it is free and there are well equipped ones on each floor.

ONE laundry room on each R ship and each has two irons. The needed tokens are 2$ one for washer and one for dryer.

We also love the free laundry rooms on Crystal.

Not really that unusual. As a you might guess from my Cruise Critic handle, I've owned many horses. My son could never hang out at the barn or get in close contact with my horses because he was allergic to them. it's not much different than being allergic to cats or dogs, which is not uncommon. Usually it's an allergy to the dander shed by animals with fur or feathers.

Yep, husband is also allergic to cats. I rode competitively growing up. Have not done much riding in the past 25 years.

We also love the free laundry rooms on Crystal.

Free is a relative term. I suspect Crystal cruises cost a lot more than the couple dollars that Oceania charges for the self service laundry :D

R class ships have only one laundry room and thus they tend to be busy; O class ships have laundry rooms on all floors and are thus much more convenient and less busy (and fully equipped).

Free is a relative term. I suspect Crystal cruises cost a lot more than the couple dollars that Oceania charges for the self service laundry :D

R class ships have only one laundry room and thus they tend to be busy; O class ships have laundry rooms on all floors and are thus much more convenient and less busy (and fully equipped).

Your right, should have said included.

Actually we are sailing in a slightly smaller cabin (PHS) on Crystal for less than our OS on Oceania.

Our cruise on Crystal with inclusive laundry room was a comparable price to O. While rooms on Crystal are not equal to Seabourn, I have a feeling that the baths on O will be reminiscent of RCCL. Fortunately, I will not be spending much time in the room.

How many washing machines does O have? Guess the bath is not big enough to hand wash.

How many washing machines does O have? Guess the bath is not big enough to hand wash.

The R ships have 4 washer /dryer combos 1 laundry room

The O class ships have 3 in each laundry room I believe

at least on deck 7 & 9 rooms do

There are laundry rooms on decks 7,8, 9,10 & 11

The bath tubs on the O class ships are full size if that is what you are asking :confused:

We will be on Nautica. How expensive is it for the ship to do laundry? It sounds like I will have to get up four in the Morning to do a wash.

You will be standing in the hall waiting a long time then :D

I have not had to wait too long to do laundry but timing is everything

I would say do not go as soon as they open or a sea day

I go check & if a washer is empty I call DH to bring the bag of clothes ;)

We will be on Nautica. How expensive is it for the ship to do laundry? It sounds like I will have to get up four in the Morning to do a wash.

It's in line with dry cleaners in our area.

Also, they often have specials - a bag for $20 (or something like that).

Timing is very important as Lyn said. It tends to be less busy in the afternoon/early evening. Forget sea days.

Are there laundry rooms on the Insignia?

We were on the Insignia from Bali to Singapore just this March/April. I told my husband before we left that I would not be doing any wash on our 28 days aboard. Boy was I wrong! I could not wait to do the wash after some of the shore excursions. It was so hot and humid in Southeast Asia that our clothes either had to be thrown away or washed! I usually did the wash on a day at sea around lunch time. Never had a problem getting it done. P.S.You sometimes meet the most interesting people in the laundry room. Tea Snob

• 1 month later...

The two mornings that I wanted to do laundry, I set my alarm so that I could be in the laundry room at 7:30. I was done by 9 and off about my day. First one was a sea day, and there were people waiting for my loads to finish. The second was our second to last day - so likely most people were headed home - we had a long weekend in the final port (ashore) so it was worth it to us to do a load - mostly husband and son's undergarments. So it can be done with a bit of planning. I stopped by the first evening we were on the ship and it was packed to the gills, and heard that same about an evening late in the cruise.