Taking wine onboard Royal Caribbean.

MmeH

Hi , can anyone tell me update rulings please ?

Can we take wine onboard on embarkation day? We are cruising on Independence of the Seas from Southampton this October and I don't want to get it wrong.

Hi , can anyone tell me update rulings please ?

Can we take wine onboard on embarkation day? We are cruising on Independence of the Seas from Southampton this October and I don't want to get it wrong.

You can take two 750 ml bottles of wine per stateroom. Suggested to bring in your carryon. You will pay a $15 corkage fee for opening/drinking in any public venue.

You can take two 750 ml bottles of wine per stateroom. Suggested to bring in your carryon. You will pay a $15 corkage fee for opening/drinking in any public venue.

You MAY pay a corkage fee. Several people on this forum have reported that they were not charged. I can tell you that I was on the Grandeur three weeks ago and we have 3 bottles of wine total and was not charged a corkage fee for any of them. I was surprised as I had planned on it. I THINK the issue is that many of the wait staff are afraid that by charging it, it would affect their performance review so are conveniently "forgetting".

We did Empress OTS in April and we each brought a bottle of wine but were not charged any corkage fee. Differ by ship I guess?????

Corkage fee apparently started June 1, 2017.

I was not charged June 25th cruise on the 3 bottles we took into MDR. I agree with the thoughts above as to why staff are not bothering: it takes more time, they may get irate customers who don't know the new rules, they don't get anything out of it....so why bother.

I think that this new charge may slowly sink into oblivion.

Cheers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We were charged the corkage fee on the two bottles we took to the dining room in July. Too bad they didn't "forget" to charge us! Never again. We will carry our glass of wine to our table in the future.

We weren't charged corkage two weeks ago. However RCI are being utterly confusing about the whole thing. Their UK website has only just changed to show the charge and they have it at $25 a bottle. Until last week it was showing at $0.

We weren't charged corkage two weeks ago. However RCI are being utterly confusing about the whole thing. Their UK website has only just changed to show the charge and they have it at $25 a bottle. Until last week it was showing at $0.

And tie US website still shows $15.:confused:

I have cruised 68 sailings. Every cruise the same question comes up.

Each line has a policy on their web site. Look it up.

Every cruise I see people having to turn in their wine AND booze on embarkation.

Every cruise I see people being asked to open their checked bags only to find a stash of wine or booze.

Some staff overlook corkage some don't.

With all that said, why not avoid the pre- cruise stress of worrying about " what can I do" and the hassle of packing and lugging contraband onboard, not to mention the time to address an embarrassing situation and time away from your vacation, when you can simply buy a glass or bottle of wine in board.

A bottle holds 4 1/2 glasses of wine. How much do you think you will save? Add corkage you may end up paying more.

Now if your brining on a very expensive bottle of fine wine or it's a special bottle not available on board then that's a different story.

Cruise stress free , buy your booze on board.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

With all that said, why not avoid the pre- cruise stress of worrying about " what can I do" and the hassle of packing and lugging contraband onboard, not to mention the time to address an embarrassing situation and time away from your vacation, when you can simply buy a glass or bottle of wine in board.

There's nothing "contraband" or embarrassing about bringing wine on board...because RCI allows it. Look it up. (see what i did there)

Virtually every post made on here could be solved with a "look it up" answer but sort of defeats the purpose of the boards don't ya think?

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

Edited by ToddnMichelle

We did Empress OTS in April and we each brought a bottle of wine but were not charged any corkage fee. Differ by ship I guess?????

The corkage fee is only if the bottle is opened or taken (the bottle) to a public area. Bringing on 2 bottles per stateroom is allowed with no charge.

There's nothing "contraband" or embarrassing about bringing wine on board...because RCI allows it. Look it up. (see what i did there)

Unfortunately, with RCI, looking it up may lead lead to the wrong answer as they are quite slow to update their web site with proper info.

Sailing on Oasis this December...do they have a corkscrew in room..or should you bring one thx!

Bring one, just be careful where you pack it if you are flying in! Ship security won't care.

RC has souvenir ones at the bars, but they are not very good.

Sailing on Oasis this December...do they have a corkscrew in room..or should you bring one thx!

This is what they gave me on Rhapsody when I forgot to bring mine. Be careful when you open and hold the bottle between your legs for leverage -- don't wear white slacks. :eek:

https://www.qualitylogoproducts.com/tradeshow-promotions/simple-corkscrew.htm?imageID=461652&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIwJfK7vTK1QIV2oWzCh0MVwHpEAQYASABEgLPhPD_BwE

I have cruised 68 sailings. Every cruise the same question comes up.

Every cruise I see people having to turn in their wine AND booze on embarkation.

Every cruise I see people being asked to open their checked bags only to find a stash of wine or booze.

Some staff overlook corkage some don't.

A bottle holds 4 1/2 glasses of wine. How much do you think you will save? Add corkage you may end up paying more.

Now if your brining on a very expensive bottle of fine wine or it's a special bottle not available on board then that's a different story.

Cruise stress free , buy your booze on board.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Have taken one or two bottles of wine on every cruise since RCI changed the policy allowing pax to take on up to two bottles per stateroom. Have never once had it taken away or sent over to have it checked. Have even mentioned that the wine was in our carry on bags to security. They could not have been more uninterested.