New to cruises

Valeriejean

how do we find out which room and deck we are on ahead of time? We also have in our group someone with a leg injury who will need a wheel chair, who do we contact to make sure that one is available?

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Contact whoever booked your cruise. If you booked directly with a cruise line, then contact their customer service line.

Don't know whom you booked your cruise through. Did you book a guarantee? If so, you will have to wait until those cabins are assigned. You should be able to keep track of when you are assigned a cabin by logging into your personalizer for the cruise line you have booked with.

Cruise lines only provide wheelchair for those that need assistance on embarkation and disembarkation days.

I rent equipment through Care Vacations -- you can rent wheelchairs, scooters, walkers, etc.

Don't know whom you booked your cruise through. Did you book a guarantee? If so, you will have to wait until those cabins are assigned. You should be able to keep track of when you are assigned a cabin by logging into your personalizer for the cruise line you have booked with.

Cruise lines only provide wheelchair for those that need assistance on embarkation and disembarkation days.

I rent equipment through Care Vacations -- you can rent wheelchairs, scooters, walkers, etc.

About 5 years ago my wife injured herself trying to dance and swinging her hips like she did at an earlier age. this was on the first night of the cruise and the ship (HAL) provided a chair for the entire cruise, they did try to get it back during the cruise but my wife said " NO I NEED IT"

You can approach a cruise line representative once you enter the terminal building to request for a wheelchair assistance. Do the same with Guest Services on disembarkation. If you can, contact the Special Needs Dept. of your cruiseline prior to cruising.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Either bring a wheelchair or rent one from a company that does that. There are NO wheelchairs for passengers to use while cruising...they do offer assistance getting on the ship on boarding day, and off the ship on the last morning...but that's it!