Viking website privacy policy

Pyroforyou

I just went on Vikings website to see if anything was updated for my upcoming cruise and received a pop up about their change in how they collect information about people who visit their website. I just tried to go back to copy some info but its not there now. When it pops up, read it carefully. There is no way to opt out of their collection of our info unless you stop using their website. I guess this was why their website was down recently. I know they have all our info from booking our cruises but for other people just visiting their site and tracking us (so i guess they can market differently) doesnt seem right to me.:mad:

I just went on Vikings website to see if anything was updated for my upcoming cruise and received a pop up about their change in how they collect information about people who visit their website. I just tried to go back to copy some info but its not there now. When it pops up, read it carefully. There is no way to opt out of their collection of our info unless you stop using their website. I guess this was why their website was down recently. I know they have all our info from booking our cruises but for other people just visiting their site and tracking us (so i guess they can market differently) doesnt seem right to me.:mad:

Thanks for the heads up.

Dear Pyroforyou,

We understand your concern regarding collection of personal information and want to assure that your information is safely secured. We do not share information to other entities, including websites or third party vendors, without your consent or authorization.

We use this information primarily to help recognize our guests when they use other devices, to improve and customize our content and promotions to each guest, and to provide better, more personalized customer service.

Pyroforyou, we are happy to answer your specific questions regarding our Privacy Policy at TellUs@vikingcruises.com. We wish you a great weekend.

Warm regards,

Viking Cruises