ms Oosterdam in Juneau August 15, 2017

Scrapnana

Oosterdam will be at the CT dock from 1300-2100.

Also in port are Radiance of the Seas at the AS dock (0700-2130), Star Princess at the FKL dock (0800-2115), and at the AJ dock Norwegian Jewel (0700-1330) trading off with Pearl (1400-2200).

Another gloomy weather forecast - early showers changing to steady rain (80% chance).:( A high of 58F/14C and a low of 50F/10C is the prediction. Sunrise is at 5:18 am and sunset at 8:44 pm.

The PTZtv webcam can be found at http://www.juneauharborwebcam.com/ .

Oosterdam - Her solitary Alaska season is winding down after her redeployment switch with Westerdam [so Westie could drydock in Italy], only 5 more visits to go after today, followed by her west coast itinerary for winter and then she returns to Europe for Spring/Summer 2018.

I expect to be here.

Oosterdam - Her solitary Alaska season is winding down after her redeployment switch with Westerdam [so Westie could drydock in Italy], only 5 more visits to go after today, followed by her west coast itinerary for winter and then she returns to Europe for Spring/Summer 2018.

I expect to be here.

I'm planning to be on that last Juneau stop of the season (for Oostie) and beyond ;)

I'm planning to be on that last Juneau stop of the season (for Oostie) and beyond ;)

You're not going to be far from home - once she starts her Mexican Rivera season. Are you on long enough to do one of the PC transits? First one is Oct 21st.

You're not going to be far from home - once she starts her Mexican Rivera season. Are you on long enough to do one of the PC transits? First one is Oct 21st.

Yes, both - After four years being home, I'll do the holidays on board this year; it's only fair plus it's a good time to be on board

Yes, both - After four years being home, I'll do the holidays on board this year; it's only fair plus it's a good time to be on board

This will be my 3rd Christmas and New Years [in a row] - on board. 3 different classes of ships.

I hope you have a nice holiday aboard. :)

This will be my 3rd Christmas and New Years [in a row] - on board. 3 different classes of ships.

I hope you have a nice holiday aboard. :)

Do you not have any more Road Scholar cruises booked?

Roy

Do you not have any more Road Scholar cruises booked?

Roy

No, but the 4 I have done [out of my 40 RS programs] have been some of my favorites. Just because of the field trips and lectures provided, along with the locations - of course.

Some interesting ships in port today incl. the USCGC Henry Blake (WLM-563), a United States Coast Guard Keeper-class cutter/coastal buoy tender, visiting from Naval Station Everett, Washington

1920px-USCGC_Henry_Blake_WLM-563.jpg

Normal route/maintenance routine? Or specialized because of some event?

Normal route/maintenance routine? Or specialized because of some event?

Annual Buoy Tender Roundup from August 14-18, incl. eight U.S. Coast Guard and Canadian buoy tenders, stationed throughout Alaska and the Pacific Northwest for five days of training and maintenance. Participating are the U.S. Coast Guard Cutters SPAR, Hickory, Fir, Sycamore, Elderberry, Anthony Petit, Henry Blake and the Canadian coast guard ship Bartlett. AIS shows six other cutters at the Juneau coast guard station. If the cam was panning, we could see them