Rhapsody Greek Isles June 2018

we are trying to determine if we want to do this cruise or consider another Mediterranean cruise. We like the itinerary but after sailing on the Oasis class ships we are worried we will be disappointed in the ship. Any feedback from those that have sailed Rhapsosy recently. Service, Entertainment, food, accommodations?

Thank you

we are trying to determine if we want to do this cruise or consider another Mediterranean cruise. We like the itinerary but after sailing on the Oasis class ships we are worried we will be disappointed in the ship. Any feedback from those that have sailed Rhapsosy recently. Service, Entertainment, food, accommodations?

Thank you

All excellent as of our most recent cruise on Rhapsody this pas January.

Thank you

Check out this very recent report: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=53800107#post53800107

One other thing to consider for the cruise- how port intensive will it be? Which should make one ask how important the factors that make the Oasis so awesome really are?

Our Greek Isle cruise on her was 2 years ago, but we spent a lot of time on land, eating food that isn't available to us anywhere else, and seeing things we can't see anywhere else. Which really takes the pressure off of the entertainment and dining features.

To me, at least.

For port intensive cruises, I would not hesitate to take a Vision Class cruise. Like we will, again, in a month out of Quebec.

I was just on the Rhapsody doing a Greek Islands sailing last month and wouldn't hesitate to do it again. My past 5 cruises have all been much larger ships (Harmony, Oasis, Breakaway, etc.) and I was initially worried about spending 8 days on one of the older/smaller ships in the fleet, but I ended up loving it. Great ship, great crew; nice change of pace from the Oasis class. As previously noted, it's perfect for a port-intensive itinerary. Not sure I would want to spend more than a handful of sea days on board but I wouldn't worry about it at all for the Med cruise.

Did this a couple of weeks ago and loved it. Nothing to compare it to as it was our first cruise. Second was booked last week.

Service - Could not fault it at all and believe me I'm good at finding fault.

Entertainment - Great live music around the ship. The shows were hit and miss. The visiting entertainers were very good, the ships entertainers less so.

food -Again couldn't fault it.

As someone said you will be off the ship 6 days out of 7. I found it good to be able to see the same people frequently on the cruise. Felt like we were sharing something.

Thank you all. This is great feedback. Agree that all the amenities offered by an Oasis class ship are not necessary for a port intensive sailing. But I was worried about the condition, food, service of a much older ship.

Thank you all. This is great feedback. Agree that all the amenities offered by an Oasis class ship are not necessary for a port intensive sailing. But I was worried about the condition, food, service of a much older ship.

We had no problem at all with the food on Rhapsody. In fact, I thought the MDR food was better on Rhapsody than on Oasis.

We did Rhapsody Greek Isles in 2015. LOVED IT! We just got of Vision in the Baltics. LOVED it. I have done Oasis 3 times, Allure 2 times. I love the big ships in the Caribbean as it's "about the ship." For the port intensive cruises like the Greek Isles, the small ships can't be beat. It's "about the ports." Like a previous poster stated, we ate in nearly every port. We would tour and see the sights, then find a wonderful local restaurant and have local cuisine and drink. So by the time we headed to the ship, we were tired. After dinner (we do late dining), we'd pretty much call it a night as the next day we'd be at it again early.

Bottom line, Oasis class ship is a waste in Europe. Too many passengers, too big for many ports, and you won't use the "bells and whistles." Don't hesitate to go on Rhapsody. You'll find the food as good, but the service as good or better. It's a more "intimate" ship so you'll see crew and passengers over and over throughout the cruise. Definitely a better ship for the Greek Isles.

Sailed on Rhapsody earlier this month.... was a bit concerned as we had only done Oasis and Harmony previously. Yes the ship is a bit dated but the friendliness and service from the crew exceeded all expectations. ..... food great, entertainment mixed but loved it and booked again for next year