YC Deck 15 v Deck 16

CruisingFox27

We are booked on the Preziosa for next year and currently have a cabin selected on deck 15, 15025. Our previous YC cabins have been on deck 16, 16013 and 16003.

I'm considering requesting a move to deck 16 as I'm slightly concerned that it will be busier on 15, more footfall passing by etc being in close proximity to the concierge desk/TSL.

YC isn't a busy area of the ship but curious if anyone has any experience of the two and if it is a genuine concern.

We are booked on the Preziosa for next year and currently have a cabin selected on deck 15, 15025. Our previous YC cabins have been on deck 16, 16013 and 16003.

I'm considering requesting a move to deck 16 as I'm slightly concerned that it will be busier on 15, more footfall passing by etc being in close proximity to the concierge desk/TSL.

YC isn't a busy area of the ship but curious if anyone has any experience of the two and if it is a genuine concern.

16003 will have a balcony that is almost useless when cruising because of the "wind" generated by the forward motion of the ship, visibility down from the balcony of 16003 is not good either because of the metal wind deflector and the fact you have a safety rail which stops you going to the forward part of the balcony

msc-divina-bow-balcony-cabi.jpg

pete

16003 will have a balcony that is almost useless when cruising because of the "wind" generated by the forward motion of the ship, visibility down from the balcony of 16003 is not good either because of the metal wind deflector and the fact you have a safety rail which stops you going to the forward part of the balcony

msc-divina-bow-balcony-cabi.jpg

pete

Yep ............... had one exactly like it on Splendida - NEVER AGAIN!!! The wind rattled the balcony door all night - it was horrendous.

I've been on both decks and would choose 15 over 16. So convenient for the concierge and TSL. Never had a problem with footfall. There's a chance of overhead noise on 16 from the pool deck above.

We've never experienced any overhead noise on 16 but I'm slightly put off that everyone entering on 15 and heading to TSL, concierge or cabins will be walking past. Or vice versa leaving.

Thanks Pete, that shouldn't have said 16003 as a previous cabin, apologies typo there, we've previously had port side cabins and that's where we could choose to move to.

We are also on the Preziosa for 2018 on deck 15 room 15028 in May.