Allure of the Seas - Ports of Call changes

Hey everyone!

We are sailing on Allure of the Seas September 3rd. I logged into the cruise planner today and noticed that St. Kitts was removed and San Juan added. St. Thomas is also moved to September 7th instead of September 6th. Has anyone heard anything about this? I've called Royal Caribbean a couple of times...and while they are showing the change as well, no other information.

Thanks!

According to Royal Caribbean it has definitely changed. Why no one has said anything to us yet, I don't know! But St. Thomas has moved to the 7th and we'll be in Puerto Rico on the 6th. I booked private excursions and I guess I'm going to need to start changing things around!

Might have something to do with the azipod issue :o

2Q==

I read one report FWIW that was fixed. I've been to St Kitts on a smaller ship, but never on Allure, wonder if its a port issue? To the OP, thanks for posting, I'm just following with interest. Enjoy Allure!

If it's changed in October too, it's not Azipod issue. Read that was fixed anyway. Must be port issue. Won't ruin my cruise....

Just noticed my popcorn GIF didn't load in my post. Its not an azipod issue... I found it humerus on other posts how everyone suddenly became a cruise ship engineer. HAHA

Theres no island in the Caribbean that would ruin my cruise... Bring all the changes you want RC

Interesting info! For several cruises in this timeframe the booking has changed locations but the shore excursions displayed are for the wrong ports. For example, St Thomas shows up but the displayed excursions are for St Kitts.

I'd rather go to San Juan than St Kitts any day. San Juan has so much history as opposed to St Kitts. Additionally, I don't like monkeys and where the ship ports there are people all over trying to sell pictures taken of you with a monkey in diapers on your shoulder. To me, that's gross, but lots of people, I guess, enjoy that.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTTnTysMIh67qzouq_gymK23PgME7oRkznsMGji6ytOYvcTmWQ_gQ

I can help with that.

Okay, I'll bite. :DLOL If not an Azipod or some reduced cruising speed issue, then why less than two weeks before the sailing, shorten the stay in Nassau and delay the arrival to St Thomas... after just experiencing an azipod issue two weeks ago?

Okay, I'll bite. :DLOL If not an Azipod or some reduced cruising speed issue, then why less than two weeks before the sailing, shorten the stay in Nassau and delay the arrival to St Thomas... after just experiencing an azipod issue two weeks ago?

Most here assume the azipod issue was completely fixed based on one or two reports - I would not assume that.;)

We leave on Allure this Sunday and our entire itinerary is different. Same islands, but it's basically backwards and completely different times. Looks like we do get more time in Labadee and St. Maarten though which I'm ok with. All of our excursions, dinner, and show reservations will need to be changed though.

We leave on Allure this Sunday and our entire itinerary is different. Same islands, but it's basically backwards and completely different times. Looks like we do get more time in Labadee and St. Maarten though which I'm ok with. All of our excursions, dinner, and show reservations will need to be changed though.
That doesn't sound too bad. For my itinerary the week after yours, I'd rather the ship skip Nassau completely and head south for more time in St Thomas and St Kitts.

That doesn't sound too bad. For my itinerary the week after yours, I'd rather the ship skip Nassau completely and head south for more time in St Thomas and St Kitts.

Can't say I blame you! St Thomas and St Kitts>Nassau, in my opinion :)

Quick question though--I have an excursion booked through RCI in Labadee. Will they switch it to the new day for me or should I call?

They would normally switch it to the new day, but I would call to be sure. If there are two ships at Labadee that day, they may have to make changes.

just received this from travel agent for Aug 27th cruise:

Dear Travel Partner,

We have updated information about your client’s sailing.

Allure of the Seas currently has a speed restriction that will result in slight adjustments to their itinerary. For their convenience, the updates are noted below. We apologize for this change, but have no doubt that their vacation will be nothing short of amazing. We can't wait to welcome them onboard.

DAY

PORT

ARRIVAL

DEPARTURE

Sunday

Ft. Lauderdale, FL

4:30 p.m.

Monday

Nassau, Bahamas

7:00 a.m.

2:30 p.m.

New Time:

1:00 p.m.

Tuesday

At sea

Wednesday

Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas

10:00 a.m.

7:00 p.m.

New Time:

New Time:

1:00 p.m.

8:00 p.m.

Thursday

Basseterre, St. Kitts & Nevis

8:00 a.m.

5:00 p.m.

Friday

At sea

Saturday

At sea

Sunday

Ft. Lauderdale, FL

6:15 a.m.

Sincerely,

Finally got an email! This is what they said:

We have updated information about your sailing.

Allure of the Seas currently has a speed restriction that will result in slight adjustments to your itinerary. For your convenience, the updates are noted below. The new port of San Juan, Puerto Rico offers the opportunity to visit the culturally rich city of Old San Juan and the lush rainforest of El Yunque. We apologize for this change, but have no doubt that your vacation will be nothing short of amazing. We can't wait to welcome you onboard.

ww6GK9ZWvn8AAAAASUVORK5CYII=