Koningsdam - Category V Stateroom

cruisedoctor

I would greatly appreciate photos of any of the following category V staterooms on the Koningsdam: 6152, 6169, 7134, 7133, 8136 or 8149.

These are the odd shaped balcony staterooms with angled balconies. I've searched everywhere on the internet and couldn't find any pictures of these rooms.

If you have stayed in one of these, and don't have any photos, would you at least describe how the furniture is laid out in the room (how is the extra "triangular" space used). I've spoken with several reps in the Ship Services Dept. at HAL and no one knows anything. Thanks!

We stayed in 7134 last year, and enjoyed it enough to book 7133 (its opposite on the starboard side) for an upcoming trip in late November. Sorry, no pics, but I'll do my best to be descriptive;).

• Upon entering the cabin there were closets on one side and a small but nicely fitted bathroom opposite. Closets were more than enough for our 10-day cruise, and luggage fit under the bed. Bathroom had modern shower, rectangular-shaped sink, with storage underneath...no issues for us, everything fit fine.
  • The bed was on the left side of the cabin; we kept the bed together and this added more overall room; the tv was directly in front of us, and we "loved" the technology!! Easy to make reservations, updated bill, great films/tv shows, ship information, etc. - it was a pleasure!
  • Beyond the bed/tv area, there was a smallish two-seat sofa on one-side, with a desk on the opposite wall...on the left side near the sliding doors that led to the veranda, there was an "extra amount of triangular space." We decided to move the little table near the sofa area to the triangular space, and this "opened" up the room more for us. PS, I could do my yoga practice in the added space!
  • The veranda was larger than the other V's - and I took advantage of placing my chair on the far left extended corner to relax and enjoy a pleasant side-view - really enjoyed this!!!
  • Overall, the placing of the bed together, along with moving the little table away, gave the room a larger feel...perhaps not enough for others' standards, but enough to have made the V a pleasant experience for us.
  • One thought: 7134/7133 was on a corner that jutted out as one walked down the hallway to get to the room...we found the area to be very quiet, as well as convenient to reaching all activities.

Thank you Myra! So it's basically the same set up as all the other "standard" balcony staterooms, only with an additional 31 square foot triangular-shaped empty floor space tacked onto the far end of the room.

The interesting aspect of these 8 staterooms, is that they have the same square footage as the Category "A" and Category "B" Vista Suites...without the additional cost associated with those entry level suites (also larger balconies that those suites). And, since those entry level suites don't really have any significant "perks" associated with them, these 8 Cat "V" rooms can be considered a great value, if one is primarily looking for more floor space to spread out in.

Maybe you can answer one other question based on your first hand experience. Can you comfortably view the television while sitting on the sofa. Many other new cruise ships, that have flat panel TV's attached to the wall across from the bed, are mounted on brackets that allow the TV to swing out on an angle, making it easier for passengers seated on a couch to see the TV better (not everyone wants to sit up in bed during the daytime). From what I've read, the TV's on the Koningsdam are immovable.

Hi Cruise Doctor...in answer to your statement: "So it's basically the same set up as all the other "standard" balcony staterooms, only with an additional 31 square foot triangular-shaped empty floor space tacked onto the far end of the room." Yes, that is correct.

Also, the TV is viewable from the sofa...but at a wide angle;)

Hope this helps and have a wonderful cruise:cool:!!

• 2 weeks later...
[ATTACH]410303[/ATTACH][ATTACH]410304[/ATTACH][ATTACH]410305[/ATTACH][ATTACH]410306[/ATTACH]

Thank You! So, whereas the desk is usually across from the sofa in a "standard" room, in this one it next to the sofa across from the balcony door.

Any thoughts you would like to share about your experience in that room? Would you book it again...or would you select a "standard" balcony stateroom instead?

Yes sofa and desk side by side creating a much more open feel to that end of the room. Our friends had a standard balcony cabin which seemed small in comparison and our balcony easily accommodated the 4 of us sitting down. ( using desk chair and footstool!) I would definitely book that cabin over a standard one . Shower was fine, bed firm but comfortable,tv great when watching from bed,no idea why only one footstool tho! Enough hangers and storage certainly for a 7 day cruise. Lighting good. Close to elevators but around corner and quiet

Sent from my iPad using Forums