Pre-hump balcony - Freedom Class

HMH G

I apologize if this isn't the right place to post this. I've searched and searched and haven't found any informative photos on these cabins.

As you can see (photo) we have 3 of the 4 corners booked on Liberty.

Does anyone have any photos or information on these?

From what I gather, the balcony isn't actually any larger because the angle of the balcony room door follows the balcony angle, resulting in an some extra space in the corner of the room behind the curtain? I'm having such a hard time visualizing! I was hoping that the actual balcony was a little bigger.

Thanks in advance for any info on these! 73c83b15d7dc311782dfd1ca1b8b177d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We've stayed in 6348 and loved it! Like you mentioned, a nice space between the curtain and the balcony door. It was perfect for our luggage and totally out of the way. Also these rooms have a sofa bed instead of a pullman. We loved the balcony. Because of the angle, it was less windy and perfect for sitting out there and reading. Would book it again in a heartbeat! :hearteyes:

You are correct...on Voyager and Freedom class ships, the "hump" balconies are the same depth as the regular side balconies. The ONLY balconies on the ship that are deeper than normal are the "aft" balconies....facing the wake.

However, the location on or near the hump is excellent, and convenient! Enjoy!

We are looking at a cabin just forward of the hump. I'm wondering if it is a poor location for viewing.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

You will have an excellent view forward, but your view aft will be blocked a bit. I don't think it's a huge deal.

We've stayed in 6348 and loved it! Like you mentioned, a nice space between the curtain and the balcony door. It was perfect for our luggage and totally out of the way. Also these rooms have a sofa bed instead of a pullman. We loved the balcony. Because of the angle, it was less windy and perfect for sitting out there and reading. Would book it again in a heartbeat! :hearteyes:

Thanks! I think that we will really love the location. We'll have the sofa bed out for our young kids so hopefully it doesn't swallow the room.

You are correct...on Voyager and Freedom class ships, the "hump" balconies are the same depth as the regular side balconies. The ONLY balconies on the ship that are deeper than normal are the "aft" balconies....facing the wake.

However, the location on or near the hump is excellent, and convenient! Enjoy!

Thank you! Can't beat that location =)