Tennis Anyone?

tennis tom

I'm an avid tennis player. I've never thought of crusing and have never been on one dreading the thought of not playing. Tennis is Life!

I discovered the ResidenSea while researching if any cruise ships had tennis courts--only the ResidenSea.

If anyone knows, or could share what the tennis scene, if any, is like on board?

Some questions I have are:

What is the court like; what surface?

Can one play while the vessel is sailing?

Do people play mainly when in port?

Are there any regular players?

Does the ship's itinerary coincide with any Senior Tournaments or Pro Tour evnets?

I'm hoping to tour the ResidenSea when it ports in San Francisco and possibly take a crusie up to Canada.

Cheers,

Tennis Tom

• 1 year later...

Hi, I have been fortunate enough to sail 4 times on The World and boarding again in May in Greece. We played tennis almost every day one time, as two residents wanted to play and we all played well together. Most times it is pretty quiet. The courts are great and there is a pro to work with you. I think the wind may have been a problem sometimes, and in hot weather it is warm in port, but the trip you are talking about could be great. I think I have photos of the courts and stuff, if you email me at TravelbySuzanne@aol.com I can send you them. It is a great vacation.

The World is the ONLY ship to have a full size tennis court! Quite a distinction in my opinion, but it seems that it doesn't get much action. Perhaps the waves and ocean breezes make it difficult to play--they would add a unique dimension to the game.

Archived