Princess ultimate soda card?

hermajestylanie

My daughter got one on our recent Sapphire cruise. She used it to get sodas, smoothies and virgin daiquiris (a choice of three or four flavors) throughout the cruise. As she's a non-drinker, it was a good deal for her. She liked the strawberry banana daiquiri the best.

we got this on our Star 20n cruise recently. the 1st half yes it was worth it. Son wanted milkshakes was the primary reason for purchasing it. THe hot chocolate was wonderful at the Cafe compared to the hot chocolate in Horizon court-- we dont like hot chocolate made from water. The staff would give us the packets and we could make HC from hot milk- they actually started making it for us too-- so this would be free for anyone at least at breakfast.

They made great milkshakes in the beginning but yes service was slow- for whatever reason they have to ring up on the register, print receipt & have you sign for a free milkshake with UKP, so it slows things down a bit. the last half of the cruise we were provided with chocolate milk instead of milkshakes & the girls really couldn't sort it out- so I requested a refund. THey used too much milk and blended the he** out of the ice cream into a liquified puree. Did speak with the MaitreD about the issue- so it might have been resolved at the end of our cruise but honestly not sure since I requested the refund and didn't feel like once again trying to ask them to make it a little thicker and then getting chocolate milk with no particulate matter..... :)

the virgin drinks were great.

just depends on how much you are going to get the drinks- he had lots of hot chocolate from the cafe - so easily made it worth it but milkshakes only cost $2 so you would have to drink 4+ a day if that is all you are interested in

I just used the UKP on a 14 day Southern Caribbean . More than worth it to me.

The ice cream stand on the Grand was a little slow but mainly because there was always a line for free cones , depite this I still had 5 or 6 milkshakes .

Had 2 or 3 sodas a day , usually in lieu of the weak coffee in the Horizon Court. But mainly drank mocktails , virgin pina coladas and daquiries but early on got hooked on the dirty bananas had at least 4 or 5 a day total bliss in the Caribbean sun ! The virgin dirty bananas are the best ! Ted

What is the cost of this card?

Is this different from the regular soda card?

What is the cost of that?

I like to drink water. I wish there was a card for bottled water.

I dont care for soda so not sure what to do.

The Ultimate Card (a sticker that goes on your cruise card) is $9.95/day plus 15% gratuity if you're pro-rating. It includes soda so you would not need the soda "card" in addition. I believe the soda card is $4.95/day plus 15%.

The water from the tap is just as pure as bottled water but if you want to pay for it, you can always give Princess money for what you can drink for free. :) There is no water card because the vast majority of passengers drink the tap water.

I just used the UKP on a 14 day Southern Caribbean . More than worth it to me.

The ice cream stand on the Grand was a little slow but mainly because there was always a line for free cones , depite this I still had 5 or 6 milkshakes .

Had 2 or 3 sodas a day , usually in lieu of the weak coffee in the Horizon Court. But mainly drank mocktails , virgin pina coladas and daquiries but early on got hooked on the dirty bananas had at least 4 or 5 a day total bliss in the Caribbean sun ! The virgin dirty bananas are the best ! Ted

What's in a virgin dirty banana?

I got this card for the first time last July on the Sapphire. I did get all the soda, shakes, malts, juices, mocktails, and hotcoca for free unlimited. The shakes were large. I had to split mine, I couldn't finish it. I got it where you get your ice cream - Scoops. It was very good - made with real ice cream.

If you add up each of the above drinks you were to drink all week and pay for each one - it adds up real quick. 1 soda is $1.99 + 15%. The mocktails are $2.75 (about) + 15%. Not sure how much the juices & shakes are if you have to pay for them.

I got this card for the first time last July on the Sapphire. I did get all the soda, shakes, malts, juices, mocktails, and hotcoca for free unlimited. The shakes were large. I had to split mine, I couldn't finish it. I got it where you get your ice cream - Scoops. It was very good - made with real ice cream.

If you add up each of the above drinks you were to drink all week and pay for each one - it adds up real quick. 1 soda is $1.99 + 15%. The mocktails are $2.75 (about) + 15%. Not sure how much the juices & shakes are if you have to pay for them.

Mmmm. Perfect. My husband is addicted to shakes. I think I will use our on board credit to get the ultimate card.

My daughter got one on our recent Sapphire cruise. She used it to get sodas, smoothies and virgin daiquiris (a choice of three or four flavors) throughout the cruise. As she's a non-drinker, it was a good deal for her. She liked the strawberry banana daiquiri the best.

Hi Pam .

Just having a quick look at CC before we start getting ready to leave on Sunday -- so forgive me for not doing a full search on this-- but if you can remember off-hand-- how much was the Ult. soda card??

I was going to get an ordinary soda card but the V.daiquiris sound lovely!

and could become my drink of choice( after my favourite red wine) if the cost was ok!!

Thanks Elaine

Archived