No cruise for us

newbiecruiser -- So sorry that you missed your cruise :( I hope that your surgery goes well and that your recovery is quick. And when you finally make that cruise, I hope it's fantastic! Meanwhile, take care of yourself.

So instead of leaving last Thurs to fly to board Radiance, I spent the day in the hospital :(:( Turns out I will need surgery (not life threatening but annoying and will get worse if not done). Trying to be very glass half full (in that it hit me Weds and not Sat while we were cruising the Inside Passage) but wishing I was in AK now instead of VA. :(:(

Already booked for next summer but this summer was better schedule wise for us.

Just needed to vent. Happy sailings all.

I'm feeling your disappointment, and wishing you a fast recovery!!!

Hope you are feeling better soon....that helicopter ride to evacuate looks like fun ...not!! We always get ins because I am not aging gracefully !....our trip to alaska was incredibke....hope the same for you and your family...

Sorry to hear of the bad turn of events, neighbor. Good attitude though. You're right. The glass is neither half empty, nor half full. It's just waiting for a couple ice cubes, a double shot of vodka, a little fruit and an umbrella! :D

On the positive side . . . did you (at least) meet any cute doctors or nurses? :confused:

Last nurse I met had a full beard.

Kinda took the fun out of it. But . . . she did have a nice personality :eek:

Thanks neighbor! I like your glass outlook. Will have to wait on that too til after surgery/recovery.

Met a lot of very nice doctors and nurses but I think I'll keep my hubby of 21 yrs rather than a free agent :D

I really appreciate all the lovely comments and well wishes--makes all this a little better. My friends and family are wonderful but don't have the "Cruise Bug" the way I do. Nice to have kindred spirits to turn to. :)

Hope you are feeling better soon....that helicopter ride to evacuate looks like fun ...not!! We always get ins because I am not aging gracefully !....our trip to alaska was incredibke....hope the same for you and your family...

Yeah--NO to the helicopter evacuation. I had to be driven down a mountain once in one of those sleds behind a snowmobile and that was adventure enough for me!

So instead of leaving last Thurs to fly to board Radiance, I spent the day in the hospital :(:( Turns out I will need surgery (not life threatening but annoying and will get worse if not done). Trying to be very glass half full (in that it hit me Weds and not Sat while we were cruising the Inside Passage) but wishing I was in AK now instead of VA. :(:(

Already booked for next summer but this summer was better schedule wise for us.

Just needed to vent. Happy sailings all.

Well he11! Get better and rebook when able. Smooth sailing from now on newbie.

Bummer, but I remember the call from my Mom that "Your Dad tried to have a heart attack." the week before they were to go. Key word "Tried", but don't take that pre-trip stress too lightly!! They put in a new stent and he was good to go, but no way anyone was going to let him travel four days after.

Cruise Insurance: Know it, live it, do it. All turned out OK and they were on the ocean a month later.