Park Cafe vs Cafe Promenade

There I was getting excited about trying the famous beef sandwiches at the Park Café on the Explorer in November and then discovered I had got Park Café and Café Promenade confused. :(

Does anyone know if they are available in Café Promenade as well?

thank you

There I was getting excited about trying the famous beef sandwiches at the Park Café on the Explorer in November and then discovered I had got Park Café and Café Promenade confused. :(

thank you

Café Promenade

• small little pastries in the morning
  • Little sandwiches equivalent to the size of a slider
  • cookies and brownies
  • sometimes pizza
  • Menu general never changes

Park Café

• Breakfast

• Sandwich equivalent to Egg McMuffin

• Pannini breakfast sandwiches

• pastries

• Oatmeal

• Yougurt, Bagel and toppings bar

• Lunch

• Various prepared sandwiches (fullsize)

• Kummelweck Beef Sandwich

• Panini's

• Soup

• Pizza

• Chips

• Salad Bar

• Fresh fruit

• Cookies

• Evening

• Various prepared sandwiches

• soup

• pizza

• some items that rotate through the week such as hot dogs, epanadas, Quesadilla

Thankyou Bob, its was disappointing to find I had erred and discovered there is no Park café on Explorer, maybe I'll be lucky and will be on the Royal Promenade when/if they serve the Kemmelweck sandwiches.

Thank you too xxoocruisers.

Don't get your hopes up to high if you aren't on an Oasis class ship. Park Cafe on some of the others often substitute pork roast. BTW, cafe promenade had a rare roast beef deli sandwich. I think it is called King Arthur. Pretty good in a pinch

Don't get your hopes up to high if you aren't on an Oasis class ship. Park Cafe on some of the others often substitute pork roast. BTW, cafe promenade had a rare roast beef deli sandwich. I think it is called King Arthur. Pretty good in a pinch

I agree, the King Arthur sandwiches were pretty good.

Prior to the updated Cafe Promenade menu, the roast beef was only one or twice a week. I think it is almost every day now

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Yes, love the King Arthur!

Café Promenade

• small little pastries in the morning
  • Little sandwiches equivalent to the size of a slider
  • cookies and brownies
  • sometimes pizza
  • Menu general never changes

Add to that the delicious little cheesecake pops which seem to be rolling out on ships across the fleet... yum!! There is a fruit to choose from as well - fruit cup or similar.

Add to that the delicious little cheesecake pops which seem to be rolling out on ships across the fleet... yum!! There is a fruit to choose from as well - fruit cup or similar.

Nice, but I groove on the Zeppolis. Some ships call them Led Zeppoli. Cute

thank you

nope and I have not seen the paninis either. I do much prefer Park Cafe over the Promenade. although this next trip I get to experience Sorrentos for the first time.

Bob -

The refurbed Brilliance and Serenade have Park Cafe's. Do you know if the menu is similar to Oasi class (or just finger foods like Voyager/Freedom)?

I'm not seeing much Park Cafe detail in the reviews. If you don't know I will find out in December

Thanks

Bob -

The refurbed Brilliance and Serenade have Park Cafe's. Do you know if the menu is similar to Oasi class (or just finger foods like Voyager/Freedom)?

I'm not seeing much Park Cafe detail in the reviews. If you don't know I will find out in December

Thanks

I've not cruised on any Radiance class ships since Park Cafe has been installed. However, I have cruised on Vision class ships with Park Cafe, and their offerings are very similar to those offered at the Park Cafe on Allure.

Bob -

Thanks

I've cruise Radiance and yes, the menus are similar to the oasis class, and also the park cafe's of vision classes like Legend.

I believe no park cafes are avail in all Voyager, Freedom, and Quantum classes, you have Cafe Promenade instead, while on Oasis class ship's, you have both Park and Cafe Promenade (correct me if I'm wrong).

Bob -

Thanks

We were on the Brilliance in March 2015 and the Park Cafe was very similar to the one on Allure. They offered the Kummelweck sandwiches daily amongst a variety of other sandwiches, wraps, paninis, etc. Enjoy!

This is the first I've seen that Park Cafe has pizza! Is that on Oasis as well? We struggle with finding a lunch venue that will satisfy all the picky eaters and my one son can't use the buffet (food allergies) but can almost always safely eat pizza. If he could get that there and allow the rest of us to get something more interesting, that would be great, especially the first day.

This is the first I've seen that Park Cafe has pizza! Is that on Oasis as well? We struggle with finding a lunch venue that will satisfy all the picky eaters and my one son can't use the buffet (food allergies) but can almost always safely eat pizza. If he could get that there and allow the rest of us to get something more interesting, that would be great, especially the first day.

I don't recall pizza in Park Cafe on Allure. Pizza was offered at Sorrento's on Allure.

Park Cafe on Enchantment has pizza and hot dogs at night. Neither were any good:(

You wouldn't know it from the multitude of guests that frequent it in the late evening. ;) I enjoy a couple of slices of pepperoni pizza from there.