Oasis Pullman 6'4 peraon

Four of us on Lady O will be in a balcony cabin with a Pullman, sofa bed and the push together twin beds. DS is 6'4 and I'm wondering how much of an issue it will be. He's a VERY restless sleeper too so I suspect I will end up there. :( Younger child would likely fit better but gets up to use the washroom at least once. Nope, I don't care if we are like sardines because we are looking so forward.to this. Just want to get my head around what will be planned and what.will actually happen lol

I wonder if someone can sleep on the balcony? With a nightlight or two, could your child make it safely to the bathroom at night?

The humidity can be pretty bad in the Caribbean. I know I could not sleep outside.

I wonder if someone can sleep on the balcony? With a nightlight or two, could your child make it safely to the bathroom at night?

Unless it's an aft, there are only two chairs on the balcony - no lounger. How could someone sleep there?

My DS is 6'4 and he has slept on the pullman before with no problems. Of course he feet probably hang off. I know when we had him on the sofa bed in a D1 his feet would hang off and I would run into them trying to get to the bathroom at night. Of course my son is the type that could probably sleep standing up!

Have you looked at the cost of a balcony for 2 and an inside across the hall for inside for 2? Just wondering as the discount for 3rd and 4th person is not always that large. Depends of course, it may not be a good/cost effective or available option.

If you have looked at all the options then it might come down to trying some configurations and seeing how it best works when you are actually in the cabin.

Have a great trip!

The humidity can be pretty bad in the Caribbean. I know I could not sleep outside.

Slept outside on an eastern TA a long time ago, but I also slept outside on our Oasis trip in April. Apparently my snoring disturbed the family in the RFS next to us. :eek:

I could not imagine that would be at all comfortable for him.

Just know the whole cabin will have to wake for younger child. The ladder is not easy to navigate in the dark. We did it for years and it worked out.

I slept on my balcony in the carribean saling back in 2008. I had two chairs put together and slept sitting up with my feet on the other chair. Absolutely love the sound of the ocean. It was very plesant. However, it was my honeymoon and my husband kindly asked that I sleep with him in bed instead so only did it for half of one night.

I slept on my balcony in the carribean saling back in 2008. I had two chairs put together and slept sitting up with my feet on the other chair. Absolutely love the sound of the ocean. It was very plesant. However, it was my honeymoon and my husband kindly asked that I sleep with him in bed instead so only did it for half of one night.

Balcony club member?

My son is 6' 2" and slept fine on a Pullman on the Majesty.

Not sure how old the child is, but RC indicates 6 years or older to use a Pullman (not sure how they could monitor).

Never tried sleeping on the balcony on Oasis, but have been told that leaving balcony door unlocked/open turns off the a/c in cabin - could get hot/humid for everyone else.

Four of us on Lady O will be in a balcony cabin with a Pullman, sofa bed and the push together twin beds. DS is 6'4 and I'm wondering how much of an issue it will be. He's a VERY restless sleeper too so I suspect I will end up there. :( Younger child would likely fit better but gets up to use the washroom at least once. Nope, I don't care if we are like sardines because we are looking so forward.to this. Just want to get my head around what will be planned and what.will actually happen lol

CruisingMomma88, the pullman bed length is 76", and it has a maximum weight of 300 lbs. I've always heard that they are comfortable, more so than the sofabeds.

With one bathroom, you could consider having your DS use the gym showers to get ready. Towels are available.

And it's nice to bring along a couple of battery-operated tea lights or battery-operated candles. They add just a bit of light for safety, when someone needs to get up during the night. Have a great cruise! :)

OP, we are sailing on Oasis in a few weeks and have a Pullman! My 7 year old will be sleeping in it BUT we are traveling with my parents and my dad is 6'5"!! Maybe I can convince him to climb up and see if he fits? What cabin are you in? Maybe it's the same cabin by covincendence!

Why not just skip the Pullman and put both kids in the sofa bed? That's what we are doing next week. Actually, for sleeping purposes we will have 5 people in a 4-person room(no Pullman)! Yes, yes, I've read it a million times - people say it's impossible but we've done it before and we manage just fine. My youngest will sleep in between DH and me on the big king bed.

Edited by clawmachine

My son is 6' 2" and slept fine on a Pullman on the Majesty.

Not sure how old the child is, but RC indicates 6 years or older to use a Pullman (not sure how they could monitor).

Never tried sleeping on the balcony on Oasis, but have been told that leaving balcony door unlocked/open turns off the a/c in cabin - could get hot/humid for everyone else.

Oasis balcony doors open from outside. Freedom do not. Learned that the hard way. :eek:

Why not just skip the Pullman and put both kids in the sofa bed? That's what we are doing next week. Actually, for sleeping purposes we will have 5 people in a 4-person room(no Pullman)! Yes, yes, I've read it a million times - people say it's impossible but we've done it before and we manage just fine. My youngest will sleep in between DH and me on the big king bed.

I was not aware they allowed you to exceed capacity

I cannot imagine sleeping ( or anything else for that matter) four people in a standard balcony cabin. Even with tiny children this would be tough.

Thank you but we stayed in a D1 on Freedom and it was cramped but we didn't care. DH used gym to shower and get ready and we used the balcony to give each other space. We tried to get an inside across the hall but none available even on the same floor within our budget. Yes it will be hard but who cares IMO. The sofa bed is horrible and I can say that because I ended up in it with my DD last cruise because the giant DS hung off. So it sounds like the DD will end up in the Pullman or I shall have that luxury. At least I won't have to wrestle for the blanket. ;)