Bringing our Wine

I know we can bring two bottles of wine per cabin. We are flying in the day of (it is what it is) and I already have the supplies to pack them in my suitcase for the flight. However do I need to unpack them and hand carry them onto the ship or can they stay in my checked bag? My parents say checked luggage only and I am pretty sure we had to carry it on last year. Which one is it?

I know we can bring two bottles of wine per cabin. We are flying in the day of (it is what it is) and I already have the supplies to pack them in my suitcase for the flight. However do I need to unpack them and hand carry them onto the ship or can they stay in my checked bag? My parents say checked luggage only and I am pretty sure we had to carry it on last year. Which one is it?

Royal allows the wine to be checked or carried on, your choice.

If it's in the checked bag, that bag might be delayed by security.

Do yourself a favor and carry it on. On a cruise a few years ago, my mother had a bottle break in her checked baggage. All of her clothes were soaked in it. Thankfully, we were on a ship with a guest laundry and it was white wine. We were able to launder it all inexpensively ourselves but for a moment it really put a damper on our embarkation day.

Do yourself a favor and carry it on. On a cruise a few years ago, my mother had a bottle break in her checked baggage. All of her clothes were soaked in it.

We are red wine drinkers and were so afraid this would happen to us! We bought two "Wine Skins" and they worked like a charm. I would have preferred that they were reusable, but they were definitely worth it.

Hi, Can anyone tell me if you are doing B2B does that mean you can bring in 2 bottles each leg? We have different cabins and separate reservations for each leg. I think we could easily pop into Perth and buy a couple of bottles to enjoy in our cabin.

Thanks, Rob

Royal allows the wine to be checked or carried on, your choice.

If it's in the checked bag, that bag might be delayed by security.

I had no idea you could check it. I thought it was carry on only.

I think I will see about getting a skin so it can go in checked luggage.

Easier for grandma.

mirp, as Bob was explaining above, the real "problem" with putting it in your checked bag is that security is likely to flag it.

Instead of having the bags delivered to your cabin in the normal course of events, time will pass. And pass. And pass. And pass.

And eventually you will figure out that they are NOT going to deliver your bag, because it is down in what we refer to as the "naughty room", which is either on Deck 1 or Deck 2, depending on your ship.

Down you will go. Security will ask you to open your suitcase. You will show them that it is "just" wine, not liquor. They will let you go on your way, with your suitcase.

Not *my* idea of a good way to start your vacation.

Hi, Can anyone tell me if you are doing B2B does that mean you can bring in 2 bottles each leg? We have different cabins and separate reservations for each leg. I think we could easily pop into Perth and buy a couple of bottles to enjoy in our cabin.

Thanks, Rob

When you board, if they want to take two bottles away, just show them your second SetSail pass.

It would be much easier for the two of you to deliberately separate at security. It is very rare that they actually check to see which cabin you are in and if anyone else in that cabin has been checked in with bottles already.

Thanks, Rob

When you board, if they want to take two bottles away, just show them your second SetSail pass.

It would be much easier for the two of you to deliberately separate at security. It is very rare that they actually check to see which cabin you are in and if anyone else in that cabin has been checked in with bottles already.

My understanding was they will take 2 bottles and return them to you at the end of the 1st leg, but you do need to show both setsail passes for them to verify it.

Thanks! I think I will try to bring a tote to throw them in after the flight if I can carry it! They are already going to be checked to fly to Ft. Lauderdale. I am not to worried about breaking. I have bubble wrap, I will double zip lock bag them, and they will be garbage bagged just incase!

• 3 weeks later...

A very late update. I ended up bring on 8 bottles of wine -- myself. I put 2 in my purse; 4 in my roll on carry on and 2 in a piece of checked in luggage (carefully wrapped and placed in large ziplock bag.

I was questioned only on the bag with 4 and pointed to my parents and when they showed they had a different cabin number we were allowed to continue.