RCI Pier and Hotel Info?

DnR

I am assuming that I will be leaving from the Pan American Pier when we leave on the Adventure of the Seas in March. I am looking for recommendations for the best hotel closest to the pier. I'd like to stay around $250 or less.

Where have you stayed and what did you like/dislike about it?

I am assuming that I will be leaving from the Pan American Pier when we leave on the Adventure of the Seas in March. I am looking for recommendations for the best hotel closest to the pier. I'd like to stay around $250 or less.

Where have you stayed and what did you like/dislike about it?

The closest hotel is the Sheraton Convention Center.

Anything else close?

If you do a Google Search of "Hotels Close to PanAm Pier" it will give you a lot of information.

You can also go to the Caribbean Ports of Call Boards and then click on San Juan PR. Doing a "Search This Thread" will give you information also.

Edited by cruisenfever

I would stay in old San Juan, and the Sheraton is right in the middle of it. There is not much on the other side of the harbor for food or sightseeing. If you have harbor view and are up very early great view of the ship coming in. Think it was $24 for cab and baggage charges over to the ship. Cabs will have fixed rates between airport and hotel and hotel and ship.

Pay for porter coming off ship when you return, for a tip they have access to much shorter lines for exit and cabs - well worth the tip.

Well, "close to the pier" won't do you much good because no matter where you stay, you're going to have to take a cab to get to the pier anyway. To

Top it off, you're travwling in March which is one of the Caribbean's most expensive (more popular) times to travel, so asking for a prime spot hotel for $250 is a bit of a "probably-not-gonna-happen-situation." But. With those things aside, there are lots of choices for hotels and you can stay anywhere between old San Juan and Isla verde/Carolina and be within the same price range cab fare wise, so you're better off searching for a hotel in your price range with a bigger radius around old San juan and going from there. I'm headed there tomorrow and got a room at the embassy suites for $222 including taxes and fees (that add almost $70 to the listed prices), but I'm also traveling in very un-popular August. But check the price there just in case; you get free breakfast and it's a $25-Ish dollar cab ride to the pier, and a 5 minute (maybe $20?) cab ride from the airport.

I have stayed at the Hampton Inn in Isla Verde several times. It is a short cab ride away from the pier. There were restaurants nearby and a block away was a Walgreen's for last minute purchases.