P&O Britannia B626 - Formal nights

DjDanny32

Can anybody enlighten me as to when the formal nights will be on the B626 cruise to Norway in August/September?

I've heard it said that P&O do them on sea days, but also NOT on the last night - but on this cruise one of the sea days IS the last night!

Thanks

Well a formal on the last night wouldn't really work would it, so you can discount that one. Otherwise any formal night will be on a sea day, though it's worth remembering that the real decisions are made aboard whatever shoreside may say.

David.

I am just back from a cruise on Britannia, there were two formal nights, we had one on the first sea day and the other on the Thursday. We were away for a week sat to sat, so only had one of the formal nights on a sea day.

Thanks everyone.

I think they'll probably be on the first sea day and then on the day before the sea day on the way back.

But it does sound like they have a 'general' idea of when they'll be before they set sail, but if there's any mitigating circumstances on the way, they can still change them.

I'm not too bothered, anyway - I'm pretty new to cruising, so just wanted to be prepared. I had it in my mind to book Sindhu and/or Epicurean for the formal nights as that just seems a bit more special somehow!

From my experience of a cruise to Norway this year, the first sea day will probably be a formal night unless circumstances like very bad weather make it impossible.

The second formal night will likely be the last port day in our case Stravanger, again unless the circumstances make it impossible. The last night was casual as it makes packing much easier.

Thanks everyone.

I think they'll probably be on the first sea day and then on the day before the sea day on the way back.

But it does sound like they have a 'general' idea of when they'll be before they set sail, but if there's any mitigating circumstances on the way, they can still change them.

I'm not too bothered, anyway - I'm pretty new to cruising, so just wanted to be prepared. I had it in my mind to book Sindhu and/or Epicurean for the formal nights as that just seems a bit more special somehow!

The food in the main dining room is usually more special on formal, so we usually eat in there and reserve the speciality restaurants for other nights! If you like Indian food don't miss the themed buffet [emoji1360]