Cost of retreat on Azura

spf

Travelling on Azura soon. Have e mailed p&o to no avail as to the price of retreat passes either on a daily basis or per cruise. Hope someone can help me as I am keen to treat myself. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Came back from cruise on Azura a week ago.On the first day we booked 3 places in the retreat for the whole cruise and that cost just under £500. After a couple of days they dropped the price to less than half that.:mad:After a number of us complained they refunded the original cost and charged us the lower price. The Retreat manager said the ad in the horizon was wrongly worded and that the lower price was for the rest of the cruise ( I still think that dropping the price by half after 2or 3 days was a bit naughty) There was no quibble about refunding money but I did hear that some people were offered a "gift" instead. I'd advise you to wait a couple of days for a special offer, that's what we'll do in future. After saying all that I still think it's worth paying extra for, its much more relaxing in there.:)

I suppose they make the decision to release an offer based on sales, if you happen to be on a cruise where it's popular you might lose out waiting - it's difficult to know what to do... I'm on Arcadia in Sept and want to book the hydropool but it's difficult to know whether to try to do it daily or pay for the whole cruise knowing there will be 10 days I won't use it...

Edited by Florry

Spf Our cruise was for 12 nights.

Florry you are right, it is probably based on sales but the retreat looked pretty busy before the offer. I would probably be gutted if it was booked up. It is difficult to know what to do for the best.

Thanks mr Marley for that info will now muse things over before next Sunday when we sail have an aft balcony so now have to weigh up whether or not to treat ourselves or use the money elsewhere.

What do you get for your £500 then? My wife has often thought about visiting the retreat but never gets round to it.

I would like to give her a surprise treat and this could fit the bill.:)

Thankyou

The price varies I think depending on number of nights. There was three of us and it was approx. £300 for a couple and approx £200 for one person. You get a very comfy sun bed which is yours for the day ( no-one removing your towels and belongings if you leave it) If it gets too hot there are plenty of other beds or chairs in the shade. They provide nice healthy lunches up there just let the steward know what time you wish to eat and he'll let you know when it's ready.

we've been doing it for a few years and at first the thermal suite was included in the price, but not any more. Also the Oasis pool was solely for the use of retreat guests but any adult can use it. After saying that we still find it very relaxing and are willing to pay the extra for it.