Boarding time question again - recent experiences please

Flo71

Hi, its the age old question of when can I board. Last time I went with P&O it was any time after 12 if I remember correctly. This time I am in a balcony cabin on R deck and have been given 3.30pm. As well as the fact that we will be turfed out of hotel at 12 it is only a 2 night cruise and we would like to make the most of.

So if we manage to sneak in to the terminal say after 1pm will we be given a card and asked to wait or will we be sent out?

Not looking for suggestions how to pass the time until 3.30pm, just any recent experiences.

Thanks in advance

Edited by Flo71

Hi, its the age old question of when can I board. Last time I went with P&O it was any time after 12 if I remember correctly. This time I am in a balcony cabin on R deck and have been given 3.30pm. As well as the fact that we will be turfed out of hotel at 12 it is only a 2 night cruise and we would like to make the most of.

So if we manage to sneak in to the terminal say after 1pm will we be given a card and asked to wait or will we be sent out?

Not looking for suggestions how to pass the time until 3.30pm, just any recent experiences.

Thanks in advance

Which Ship? The smaller the quicker you will be on.

You will not be turned away but you will have to wait.

The rest is pot luck.. Short cruise therefore few higher tier members therefore general boarding should start earlier.

If there is a lull they will board people early.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks in advance

Dai is correct. High tier loyalty and suites board at 12.30 (I think it is) after that they start boarding everyone.

From what has been posted it depends on how many people turn up together.

If a lot do you will not be turned away but you may have to sit and wait. If they can board people earlier than their time they try to...

Some people have posted it being a very nice experience ( who have had later boarding times) basically near enough going straight on. Some haven't.

As is the way of things you will probably get more posting who haven't ,rather than those who have.

We did a cruise just before Christmas 2015. We were very lucky for that one to have priority boarding. We arrived about 12.15 I think. It was Aurora, so not a large ship. The terminal was full then, so some of them must have got there early.

No one can say with any certainty that you will have an easy boarding or a not easy boarding. All depends on your fellow cruisers.

Last month on the Azura recent enough? Arrived at Port at 1.00pm after vacating room at 12. had a 3.30pm embarkation slot. Onboard within an hour.

You are a darling :) fingers crossed for us for the same :D

All I can say is that in my last 3 cruises in this new system, everytime I have arrived about 15 mins before my allocated time and I have always been given a Fast Track card ( black) and sent down the line straight to the check in desk.

It seems to be luck as to whether if you arrive really early you get on quickly. They give you a card and slot you in between those arriving on time and the coaches. They don't deliberately hold you back . You may be lucky but you have to be prepared to wait.

I think for short cruises you have to self park, so this may take a little extra time. It all really depends on who turns up on time. We were on Ventura two weeks ago and had a 3.30 time but arrived around 2.20. We waited about 15 minutes then were told to check in.