Organized Staff Activities "points" ?

AttilaTheFun

I saw on one of the recent Gem dailies that certain activities are marked as OSA - Organized Staff Activities and the description says "Join and have fun with OSA cards, earn points and redeem it on the last day of the cruise."

What does that mean? What are points redeemable for?

I really enjoyed the exercise card, I think if you collected enough you got a t-shirt or something like that. I wonder if this is similar.

I remember a funny thing that happened. I took my Mom and Sister to a Chairobics class in the forward lounge. Very strenuous as it turned out!

Well, a sweet little old lady took the class with us and I noticed that she was first in line to get her booklet stamped, very eager. She was also the last in line to get it stamped again! :D:D:eek::eek:

The instructor pointed out to her that it was only one stamp per customer per class and she feigned confusion.

Typically, for the OSA such as trivia, the "winners" get, as one person on my last cruise affectionally called them, "crap". These would be key rings or pens or something. When I cruised on the Jewel a couple of years ago, the staff gave you a card that they stamped for every activity you attended. Seems like the winners got extra stamps but I don't remember. At the end, you got to redemn the stamps (or points) for bigger and better prizes, although I did not attend enough to get one of the really good prizes. All of the prizes were items that had the NCL logo, just some were quite nice as I remember. There were also a lot more OSA activities, including a whole series for making crafts which I have never seen on any other ship, but for which you got a stamp plus the craft you made to take home with insructions. Perhaps they are extending this OSA stamp idea to other ships. It was not done on the Sun last year, however.

Actually it was quite fun and because of people working to get points I got know many more than I typically do on cruise because we made a effort to attend more activities so we saw each other day after day.

Have done this a few times mainly from trivia. The little activities card is signed by the CD host doing the trivia, 2 signatures for the winners.

At the end of the wk they have a "redemption center" for a couple of hrs and you can choose from such things as NCL bookmark, cup, keychain, T shirt, frisbee depending on your level of play.

I think they also did it for such things as shuffleboard, ping pong tournaments and some of the games.

Previously they handed out the same kinds of prizes to the trivia winners each session. They say doing it this way allows all participants to garner points so they can also go home with one of the "coveted" prizes.;):D

I really enjoyed the exercise card, I think if you collected enough you got a t-shirt or something like that. I wonder if this is similar.

I remember a funny thing that happened. I took my Mom and Sister to a Chairobics class in the forward lounge. Very strenuous as it turned out!

Well, a sweet little old lady took the class with us and I noticed that she was first in line to get her booklet stamped, very eager. She was also the last in line to get it stamped again! :D:D:eek::eek:

The instructor pointed out to her that it was only one stamp per customer per class and she feigned confusion.

You got to watch out for dem little ole ladies. Crafty little buggers. I was on the Sun and we were doing a Quest game show in the center lounge. For folks just walking through there is an outer lane on each side of the sitting area seperate by a short wall/counter.

This little ole lady on a motorized scooter comes blazing down the outer lane and cuts over to the inside lane where the seating area is thinking she is going to pass those walking. Problem is there is no exit. She had to put the thing in reverse to get out of the seating area to go down the correct lane.

Dave

Dave & "Baker": Thank you to both of you for your service to our Country...:)

Bill(DrFootball)(an Ex-Army Chief)

(A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to the "United States of America" for an amount of “up to and including my life". )

Bill's Brainiac Random Quote Generator V0.94 final beta for Mac

Dave -- thanks for participating in Patriot Guard and you "little old lady" story!!

You are welcome. It is with great respect that I ride with the Patriot Guard Riders. We dont want our fallen to be forgotten. I am also involved with the Honor Flight network where we take our WWII vets to Washington DC to their Memorial at no charge to them.

You know you are getting old when your MOS (military occupation speciality) does not exist anymore. I was a 2531 (Field Radio Operator) and a 8621 (Surveillance Sensor Operator). With your background, I am sure you know what an ADSID is.

If you get to know the social hosts, you can sometimes get extra signatures.

Dave

Typically, for the OSA such as trivia, the "winners" get, as one person on my last cruise affectionally called them, "crap". These would be key rings or pens or something. When I cruised on the Jewel a couple of years ago, the staff gave you a card that they stamped for every activity you attended. Seems like the winners got extra stamps but I don't remember. At the end, you got to redemn the stamps (or points) for bigger and better prizes, although I did not attend enough to get one of the really good prizes. All of the prizes were items that had the NCL logo, just some were quite nice as I remember. There were also a lot more OSA activities, including a whole series for making crafts which I have never seen on any other ship, but for which you got a stamp plus the craft you made to take home with insructions. Perhaps they are extending this OSA stamp idea to other ships. It was not done on the Sun last year, however.

Actually it was quite fun and because of people working to get points I got know many more than I typically do on cruise because we made a effort to attend more activities so we saw each other day after day.

Our cruise on the star, they advertised for the point system but anything we went to didn't use it. They just actually gave out the prizes. I hate to say it but I won the loser prize for "name that tune". It was show tunes and I'm afraid I'm a little rusty on the movie stuff :o. I really liked my deck of cards which I actually thought was nicer than the water bottles the winner got.

We also won a luggage identification tag and pen on our Dawn cruise in family feud. I love my pen, 2 years and it's still going strong and has the nicest write. And I proudly use my luggage tag. ;)

each ship kinda does it different but basically you get some NCL logo prizes--last sailing on the SUN hubby had so many points they just handed him NCL bags full of stuff:D

personally i dont think the stuff is "crap" i LOVE those nylon frizbees they make GREAT fans and i always have them in my bag.

Archived