Who's done this? Naked from the bathroom...

and find your curtain open and you're in port next to another ship?

I'd been on many cruises and had read about people doing such a dumb thing. I'd never do something so stupid!

Pulled into Cozumel and no other ships in sight. Walked out of the bathroom with nothing on AND curtains open and right there another ship pulling in!!!

Nope never did that. But I doubt anyone could see in. I can't see in the other ships cabins when we are docked next to them. All I see is whats happening on the balcony. Now at night it might be different. But then again we usually pull out of port by 6:00 pm. Speaking of whats happening on balconies. We REALLY got an eyefull in St Maarten when we were docked next to a RC ship that was a sold out "gay" cruise. OMG They had no shame.

I'd been on many cruises and had read about people doing such a dumb thing. I'd never do something so stupid!

Pulled into Cozumel and no other ships in sight. Walked out of the bathroom with nothing on AND curtains open and right there another ship pulling in!!!

Nope. Never happened to me. And if it did, and somebody on the neighboring ship just happened to see me in my birthday suit, so what? If I'm in a silly mood, I might just do a little dance and give 'em a show.:D

We were docked next to a Princess ship in Cozumel, and if you've ever been there you know that the ships are quite close together with just the dock in between, and we saw a man come out onto the balcony, remove his swim trunks and just stand there, in all his glory, including his "short comings".

We were docked next to a Princess ship in Cozumel, and if you've ever been there you know that the ships are quite close together with just the dock in between, and we saw a man come out onto the balcony, remove his swim trunks and just stand there, in all his glory, including his "short comings".

...and as would be typical of those types of "sightings" (and to include those on Orient Beach in St. Martin) it usually is of those individuals who would be far better off leaving their clothes on - mainly for our benefit!

Who was more startled, you or voyeurs on the other ship?

I remember years ago someone posted a video on CC that was removed pretty quick.

It was a couple on a Carnival ship just leaning against their balcony railings.

The only thing they had on were cowboy hats. They were pulled up next to another ship and people were hooting and hollering.

It was pretty amusing how they managed to get everyone going.

Edited by janetz

I do know better than to do this with a balcony cabin, but once thought we were safe in a cabin that had only a porthole. And... we would have been fine if they hadn't decided to pick that exact time to wash the windows, including portholes) on our deck. Window washer smiled and waved, I smiled back and ran back into the bathroom.

Reminds me of the story which supposedly happened during a 'panty raid' (for those of you old enough to remember this quaint college custom!). Young lady emerges from the bathroom naked, carrying her towel, just in time to see the 'invaders' running up the stairs towards her. Proving she was no dummy, she quickly used the towel to cover her face!

If people want to look at me naked and I can assure you that I do not look that good naked - why should I care? Now if they took pictures of me naked and posted it on the Old and Overweight internet site, I might not be happy. But who cares if they are just looking. I can't see them anyway.

DON

Haven't done it.

But one cruise we docked and could see straight in the window of what I think was an hotel and a couple were naked and it looked like they didn't like each other because they were wrestling on the bed. It looked like we was winning.:eek:

You were not the first person nor will you be the last person who has done this. :D

but years ago, I was in a hotel bathroom where mere seconds after stepping from the shower, a fire alarm sounded. I threw the towel around me, felt the back of the room door for heat and still hearing the alarm and people running in the hall, left my room to go to the lobby stairs. Before I got to the stairs in the LONG hall, the alarm stopped and hotel employees said it was an alarm malfunction and everyone could return to their rooms. I did so, only to realize I had no key!

This was in the days before cell phones and I did not see the house phone in the hall. I got a guest to call the lobby and after a rather long wait, a female employee came to let me in my room. Geez, how embarrassing for all of us.

I might add that if you are hastily leaving a hotel room in a towel, maintain very good posture in said towel as bending over or raising one's arms is unwise. Running in that towel is drafty, too. Just sayin'.

Edited by Bookish Angel

When someone steps out of the bathroom with no clothes on, sees the curtains are open and another ship is there, :confused: why would they not simply step back into the bathroom and get a bath towel to cover themselves? What is the big deal to not display yourself as soon as you realize you could be visible to others?

LOL we haven't done it, but I really doubt that unless you were ON the balcony anyone could actually see you. Unless they had binoculars or something. I know for certain that I can't see into other people's rooms when we are docked across form other ships, but I can see people on their balcony, without even trying.

I guess maybe if you had an evening departure and your lights were on you would maybe have a problem!!

Read, its the internet you can see :eek: ;)

No, but...

About 45 minutes after leaving port, I took a quick shower before dinner. I kind of thought we were out in the middle of the ocean and I didn't give it any more thought. When I stepped out of the bathroom, the pilot boat was bobbing outside my window.

Haven't seen it in port but last year we sailed on the Navigator of the Seas in an inside cabin. I didn't know that there was a view of the Promenade Deck from our window. It was like looking down onto a street. Several times during the week we could see people across the (street) as they changed clothes. I really liked that ship.;)

We left our deck 4 porthole cabin sitting high over the pier. As we were walking back down the dock later at low tide and low and behold I see all my stuff total exposed for public viewing through a porthole that acts like a big magnifying glass. :o

Edited by biker@sea

I do recall on one occasion being totally naked in the bathroom and about to come out when I could hear my daughter trying to swipe her cruise card in the door unsuccessfully. I thought good plan just open the door slightly and go back in to the bathroom so she could then come in. Unfortunately some American Guy with a beard from a few cabins along rushed in apparently had miscounted the doors. OHH MY GOD is what he said as he left'

Regards John

Watch yourselves on a Nile cruise; the boats tie up to one another at the ports! If you are not on the first boat in, you actually have to walk through the others to get to shore. It was a little disconcerting the first few seconds when I woke up the first day to see another boat a few feet away, but I got used to it.

Here's another consideration for those tempted to walk around in their altogether, with the curtains open: Sometimes ships' staff are good about letting you know when the window-washers are coming 'round to your cabin -- but not always! :eek:;)

No, but on a bit of a different note: my cousin and his new bride decided to have some afternoon delight and put their little sign on the doorknob that said "do not disturb"...well, actually they put it on the other side which said "please clean"....and the steward came in to do just that. They were definitely caught without their pants on!

Never had a balcony but had french door cabins which have a staff walkway beside them to fix the lifeboats...thankfully never met a maintenance man when I was in the altogethers.

I do have a habit for not closing the curtains at night, leaving lights on and wandering about in the nip at home though.

Ha.

BdAhup-CcAAleRt.jpg

Edited by Velvetwater