norwegian breakaway parking?

cthom

we would love to cruise on the breakaway, but parking, tolls, gas would cost me about 300.00 and we only live 2 hours away in penna. too bad Norwegian has no travel perks for this ; anyone know a way to save on this; thanks;

So I understand, you are thinking the cruise line should somehow comp you for some, or all, of the costs of getting to the ship? :confused: You do realize they have no control over these costs?

If they gave comps for these costs how should they then make it comparable for those that live 20 minutes away? What perks should they provide for them to make it even?

Just asking.

We only live two hours by air from several ports. I sure would like to get a comp for some of our airfare. Yeah, like that's going to happen.;)

we would love to cruise on the breakaway, but parking, tolls, gas would cost me about 300.00 and we only live 2 hours away in penna. too bad Norwegian has no travel perks for this ; anyone know a way to save on this; thanks;

Train.

Coach bus: Academy, transbridge, etc

Since there is no cruise port in Penn how have to arrived at your other cruise ports? Did other cruise lines reimburse you for travel costs?

I drive frequently between CT and Philly and the gas and tolls r/t are less than $100- ask someone to drive you and reimburse them... take Amtrak or Greyhound or drive to NJ and take the train.

read the question again; I asked about PARKING;

**No cheap PARKING in NY. There are other parking garages, but not cheap.

**No cruise line will "compensate" your parking costs...unless you book a Celebrity Bermuda cruise when they throw in the free parking perk at Bayonne (rare, but has happened)

**Take a different/cheaper transportation option......your best option.

**Be a tad bit appreciative of posters who try to help you!

I consider $40 a night in a secure parking lot in New York City to be a real bargain, especially when it's right at the pier to allow easy on/easy off.

Edited by sparks1093

Wow....we live in Canada...a 300.00 cost to get to the ship would be amazing!

$40 a day to park in NYC is the going rate. How many of there are you taking the cruise? Check out bus, train options. Those of course would be a per person cost, plus about $15 to from Penn Station or Port Authority but even if you are only two people, $300 is $150 pp, considering what the cost of the cruise is, and additional $150 pp for parking is not an outrageous addition. There are some places near the terminal that offer parking for a little bit less, but when you factor in the convenience and the cost of a cab to take you to/from the parking facility, the ease and convenience of parking at the cruise ship terminal is worth the difference. As an aside, several (many) years ago we took a cruise on the "QE2" and Cunard picked up the tab for parking at the terminal. I doubt NCL offers anything like that but yo u could inquire. I know I saw a post whereby NCL was offering a parking discount for certain times..

From what I read, you are asking how to save on the cost of parking, tolls, and gas. What others have suggested are alternative transportation methods that would lower the cost you quote.

As for parking, you may get it for $25/day nearby, but it would require a taxi to get there, and your car will probably be on a lift and take a while to get it out.

The travel "perk" that you get for living in Penn. is that there are cruise ships homeported out of NYC, rather than making you fly to Florida. That's the whole concept. I'll bet that round trip airfare, baggage fees, and transfers is far more than $300.

From what I read, you are asking how to save on the cost of parking, tolls, and gas. What others have suggested are alternative transportation methods that would lower the cost you quote.

As for parking, you may get it for $25/day nearby, but it would require a taxi to get there, and your car will probably be on a lift and take a while to get it out.

The travel "perk" that you get for living in Penn. is that there are cruise ships homeported out of NYC, rather than making you fly to Florida. That's the whole concept. I'll bet that round trip airfare, baggage fees, and transfers is far more than $300.

And, if you have anything other than a sedan or coupe (SUV, van, pickup), the likelihood is that the parking place will charge you for an oversize vehicle.

Check out options on the New Jersey side. Then take Path or NJ Transit to midtown and jump into a cab.

I am from Long Island so I don't know what NJ options exist, but I am sure they do. Maybe a Park and Cruise deal at a hotel in Fort Lee? Newark Airport?