Island Princess Dry Dock?

venusbello1

Does anyone know if the Island Princess will be going into dry dock for the re-fit similar to what the Coral Princess had done in October of this year? Maybe it has already happened and I missed it?

Thanks for any information! :)

VB1

The Island Princess is scheduled for Dry Dock in Victoria, BC starting Sept 20, 2010 and returning to Vancouver for revenue service on October 3. I did read that they were going to put MUTS on at that time and then of course they pull it out of the water for routing servicing and cleanunp below water level. It already has the Sanctuary.

Alan

Thank you so much Alan! I was just curious and couldn't find a thing about it on the Internet. I had to cancel my 15 day Panama Canal cruise on the Coral this year and rebooked for the Island Dcc 2010, so that's good news! Will they be adding Vines and the International Cafe also, or is that already in place?

Thanks again for sharing!

VB1

Thank you so much Alan! I was just curious and couldn't find a thing about it on the Internet. I had to cancel my 15 day Panama Canal cruise on the Coral this year and rebooked for the Island Dcc 2010, so that's good news! Will they be adding Vines and the International Cafe also, or is that already in place?

Thanks again for sharing!

VB1

We were just on the Coral for back to back through the Canal. The Coral just came out of dry dock in October. It does not have Vines or the International Cafe but they did add MUTS and the Santuary. They also replaced all the gym equipment and some of the furniture. Most of the carpets were also replaced. The Coral still has the old type TV sets but that was fine as most of the Princess ships are still using internal analog tv transmission.

I think the big thing with dry dock is to take it out of the water and clean up the bottom in order to get more fuel efficiency and to make sure all the underside is running smooth.

Alan

Archived