Splendor to Bermuda 10-23-15 Review

NCTribeFan

Thanks again, folks.

I've packed my new luggage. Well. Sort of. I'll finish packing in the morning. I decided it might be a good idea to have a couple of mimosas as I was packing. Had to polish off that bottle of bubbly that DD brought over on Saturday (late b'day celebration).

Somehow, I managed to dump over a dozen of my prescription pills into the sink, which was, of course, wet, so now I have to get a refill, which means an early morning trip I hadn't planned. I had no desire to get near any stores tomorrow! That's what I get for drinking in the morning. :p

But DD is coming in the morning and will take me to the airport.

Laura, my only two cruises booked are this on Sunshine and the Vista Inaugural. You know I typically book for the ports (and the Med cruise will be astounding), but I only have one new one on Sunshine (Tortola).

I am looking forward to seeing both Sunshine and Vista (which is going to have a lot the same venues as Sunshine, only newer and bigger).

I really will try to force myself to take a little time to make notes and to take lots of photos. It's going to be an action-packed 11 nights, though.

• 3 months later...

NCTribeFan

Many thanks for your comprehensive review; we are booked into the same cabin on board Splendor in April.

Question for you ref the door to the adjoining cabin, did you have any issues with noise from your neighbours?

Once again, many thanks for all your detail.

Joe

Halifax, Canada

I hadn't noticed this had been revived. I'm in the middle of tax season and about the only time I'm on here is to check our Vista roll call. Thankfully, others have taken care of organizing all the independent excursions, pre-cruise hotels, trains, etc.

jdelta - I really don't remember hearing the neighbors.

I've had connecting cabins before and never heard any more noise than from non-connecting cabins. Of course, loud people are loud people but the noise from neighbors doesn't seem to come through the door - it comes through the walls. At least, that's how it seems to me.

Thanks for the kind words, folks! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Nope. Not a bit. It is the Serenity Deck that's above the spa balconies, so that area tends to be a bit more sedate, although one would expect that there could be some chair dragging noises.

But we didn't have the greatest weather on our sea days, so maybe there weren't a lot of people up there sunning and no need to drag chairs back and forth. Or maybe it happened when we weren't in the cabin.

But, no, it's not something we encountered. I would've been annoyed if people dropped things onto the balcony. I would be annoyed if anyone anywhere on the ship was dropping things over the rails!