A Review of the Magic - 9/28/14 - Enter at your own Risk!

cmcsharon

• 2 weeks later...
Don't you think it is a little hypocritical to get offended by the comments you overheard from men on their balconies when you report with amusement that your son was giggling out loud at the expense of people that were simply inexperienced cruisers. It's funny when your son laughs at people who's only offense was asking a customer service person at guest services a question.

Maybe if the big Texan or the woman looking for her luggage post a review they will state how offended they were when a young man was giggling to the point of tears at their inexperience, while his mother looked on.

I was thinking the same thing. The Y'all comments kind of perked my ears up but then I just said "Bless her heart" and kept reading.:p

• 3 weeks later...
I can't wait to hear...and see pictures...of you and your son's time with the manatees!! You're going to have so much fun!

Hi Sharon!!

just returned this past Sunday from our cruise aboard the Splendor, a few picture of my son and I swimming with the manatees, so much fun!!!, Kee also swam with a dolphin while we were at the Park, what a great place to spend the day, thanks so much for posting your awesome photos, never did see that Shark, and I so wanted to get a picture of it munching on my gang of fellas, lol

9db9f628-093f-42b0-8170-89243c9d38d2_zps9bfd8ba6.jpg

884099a6-746f-4a7e-b176-0e34350e23e6_zps694fdecb.jpg

cb6a698c-2950-4f52-a15a-2c3bd65dc898_zpsbb3ac173.jpg

3e740bb8-f39c-411d-a25b-1dedd8c91924_zps7090e43b.jpg

2242c736-20f4-4c0c-b56b-139f4555b54f_zps2293b889.jpg

0262499a-228d-4a4d-8a73-4469ae09d438_zps5bd1bd50.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hello and thanks a ton for this review! I have stalked it for several months now in planning for our April 2015 cruise on the Magic, same itinerary. I have 2 questions. Regarding the pictures you were able to take. I have read on several other posts that Chakanaab does not allow photography of the encounters. How did you get around that? Secondly, Do you recall what time you guys docked at Cozumel? I am interested in booking an encounter but not sure which time slot to select (options: 10a, 1p, 2p). The Fun Times I have been able to locate say Arrive in Cozumel at 10a? I have cruised before and this is a bit late to arrive at a port so I assume we would actually arrive earlier, huh?

Your storytelling skills are so awesome btw!

Edited by JC White
added question

• 2 weeks later...

We are going on an Eastern Caribbean Cruise with the Magic next month. I absolutely loved your review. It was hilarious and light hearted. Thank you for sharing all your adventures and giving us a glimpse into your life. I am super excited about our cruise and even more so after reading your experiences.

• 4 weeks later...
The hypocrisy was pretty obvious but thank you for giving permission to not read something.

I feel she is trying to give us Newbies ideas of what happens and I love it. However when grown men are making comments to a young lady that are inappropriate and hurt feelings, is different than a young boy laughing at a person trying o fix a problem that doesn't seem to want to get fixed by the employee. I not saying he was right but he can still learn, the men on the other hand are beyond learning and should know much better. That is just plain rude and disrespectable on purpose. That is unacceptable. I enjoying your writing and will continue to read it. And YES you did warn others if they didn't like it not to read. :( and :D

Love the review, AND the Magic. Leaving on her for the 6th, or is it 7th time on May 10th. This is one of the best reviews I have yet read. Thank You for taking the time. Hope Y'all will cruise her again:D

I can so relate to the directional challenge :eek: and am dreading my handicap on my upcoming Magic trip... and, I have to say... I turned into Chrissy Snow on hearing of your Umbrella Between the Toes Adventure. Loved it.:D I will never look at cocktail umbrellas the same way.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

[Quote:

Originally Posted by mark290 View Post

Don't you think it is a little hypocritical to get offended by the comments you overheard from men on their balconies when you report with amusement that your son was giggling out loud at the expense of people that were simply inexperienced cruisers. It's funny when your son laughs at people who's only offense was asking a customer service person at guest services a question.

Maybe if the big Texan or the woman looking for her luggage post a review they will state how offended they were when a young man was giggling to the point of tears at their inexperience, while his mother looked on.

Point taken...yes indeed, I am a hypocrite. Please feel free to bypass the rest of my ramblings. Sorry for the offense.QUOTE=cmcsharon;44459094]Point taken...yes indeed, I am a hypocrite. Please feel free to bypass the rest of my ramblings. Sorry for the offense.

Well said ....cmcsharon

• 1 month later...

Oh come on Mark....lighten up & enjoy life a little bit....Sharon wasn't making fun of them, only telling the story that would be comical even to the couple, were they the ones listen to it...sheeezzzz

Loved your review. We are booked on the Magic out of PC on June 11th for my Daughters 16th Birthday. I have not cruised in years and Husband and Daughter are newbies. Just went to my booking and got my FTTF! Wasn't sure before if it was a good deal, but after reading your review decided it would be well worth it! Thanks so much and can't wait for our next trips!!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

It is a tribute to the OP that, over a year later, this review is still getting hits and positive comments. Amazing! Also, I realized that I had read this review before, in 2014, and I am enjoying it all over again. OK, maybe that says mor about my memory issues, but does not change the fact that this is one of the BEST reviews many/most of us have had the pleasure of enjoying. THANK YOU CMCSHARON for letting us come with you on your cruise! Heading over now to find your blog....

PS - Thanks also for the lesson in constraint you taught us in not engaging the 1% and instead humbly accepting the praise of 99% of the commenters here. Well done!!

Without question one of the best cruise reviews I've ever read. You have a marvelous talent for writing and your humor is laugh-out-loud funny. Thank you for doing this - I've written one cruise review myself and am a bit familiar with the time and effort that goes in to writing one of these. Best wishes on your future adventures, and I'll look forward to reading and enjoying your blog posts.