happy upgrade fairy dance

Genessa

Cheers that is awesome news! I find Princess to be the most generous in this respect. They will often surprise you with these free upgrades or very cheap upsells out of nowhere, making you very very happy.

yeah, we had an upwell of sorts, once. Prices were dropping and we called travel agent, and went from a balcony to a mini with a balcony for $200 less than the balcony.

I was really surprised - and that kind of makes it even better!

thanks!

My dads wife got a great up sell recently from low end balcony to mini-suite for $59pp. It was only a 4 night cruise, but still a great value.

not a guarantee

hadn't specifically hand picked the original cabin, but did have a specific assigned cabin.

Good to know. Thanks again for sharing your experience. My guess was GTY assignments were the ones to get upgrades. Nice to hear we all have a chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We just got our second upgrade on Princess since we've been sailing them (we both have between 5 and 10 cruises with them so far, and the first upgrade was on either our 1st or 2nd cruise). In the most recent case on the Royal, it was from a far forward Deluxe Obstructed Balcony (M101) to a Deluxe Balcony mid-aft. I was looking forward to the much larger "obstructed" balcony I originally reserved, but the new location will be better for my somewhat mobility impared DW.

How long before sailing were you upgraded? Same question for the OP.