Poor Sensation in Nassau

RuthlessBoss

In 2005 my DH and I went on our first cruise...on Carnival Celebration. She looked huge to us when we walked up to her for the first time. Great cruise all the way around (got us hooked - here we are 10 years later;)) - but back to the topic...we were the first ship in to Nassau and we went on an excursion to the Blue Lagoon. While we were gone all the 'big girls' came in and as we were cruising back from the excursion my DH looked at the other boats and said 'we're on the f'ing tug...next time we're on one of those!:eek:' - I booked the next trip almost as soon as we got home:D

I heard Royal's next ship is going to have old Carnival ships as their lifeboats :D haha

LMAO!!!

We were booked on the NCL Escape for this Feb, I am so happy I changed and stuck with Carnival. I think any ship that holds twice as many people that live in my town is too big!!! :eek: :eek:

Edited by hockeyluver

Holy smokes. Just checked who'd be in Nassau tomorrow. Sensation will look like a tug boat:eek: RCL Anthem, Disney Magic, MSC Divina, NCL Escape will all be there too. Might be a good choice to not even get off:D

Everyday is a good day not to get off in Nassau.

I think crookedhalo is the only one who got the drift of my post:( Maybe some here don't realize the number of people to be in Nassau that day with the size of the other ships to be there. :eek:

DH and I totally got what you're meaning. We always check ahead of time what ships are in port with us and how many they carry.

Lots of Big ships = lots of people - and we schedule excursions and/or tours far ahead to be sure we get to go and see what we want to.

The time we were in St Maarten there were 6 ships in port including Oasis of the Seas. Town and the shopping areas were packed and we were glad we'd booked transportation to MoHo beach ahead of time since taxis were spread very thin.

The big ships are full of amenities - but those amenities add to the cost of the cruises. They're nice but only worth it if you're going to use them.:)

I'm not sure about ship size. Whether bigger is better or not. It all depends on what the cruiser is looking for.

Last year on my Freedom cruise, when we docked in Antigua, just across from us was a much smaller Seaborn ship. They were way.....way...down there, but it sure did look like a nice ship:) And somehow, I knew, that in this case, smaller did not mean lesser;).

Now to be honest for me, the Seaborn experience would not be my cup of tea, even if I just won the lottery. I prefer the laid back, informal atmosphere of Carnival, so just saying. That the size of the ship really has nothing to do with bigger/better, or smaller/lesser.

Next year I will be going on the biggest ship ever for me. Remains to be seen how that will work out for me. I am not worried, as I will adapt, but it will be a new experience for me.

Size of ship for me, at this point is not an issue.

Edited by SMSACE6

Holy smokes. Just checked who'd be in Nassau tomorrow. Sensation will look like a tug boat:eek: RCL Anthem, Disney Magic, MSC Divina, NCL Escape will all be there too. Might be a good choice to not even get off:D

All I was saying was there will be 1 "small" ship between the big guys. Nassau is Nassau with congestion,:eek: not like other ports like St Maarten where you can spread out. I know a cruise on a small ship is what you make of it, but you cannot change Nassau's layout while off the ship with thousands of passengers. I've been there many times when ships have been there, but not with 4 giants at once. Anthem came in today as an itinerary swap, so I'll assume they won't be there tomorrow so that should help.

Yeah, I always check the passenger load for each port...one year we were in St. Thomas and the passenger load was over 16k!:eek: Ports like that we always make sure to do something away from the port area and arrange it well in advance to ensure we're golden;)