Carrying soda and wine onboard

SmittyCo

OK, I need Powerade for dehydration, and they don't sell cans of it... I don't drink Gatorade or anything with artificial sweeteners. Any ideas?

If you are dehydrated the BEST solution is good old fashioned water. And out of the tap it is free on the ship.

Edited by Sweet Dutch Girl

OK, I need Powerade for dehydration, and they don't sell cans of it... I don't drink Gatorade or anything with artificial sweeteners. Any ideas?

You can also check to see if they make a powered version of Powerade.

Eidt: Checked for you and they do! http://www.amazon.com/POWERADE-Powder-Mountain-Berry-Blast/dp/B00KCJRBCE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1448730099&sr=8-1&keywords=powdered+powerade

Edited by Who Cares?

I use a product made by Emergencee, the folks who make the powdered vitamin c. The product I use is called Electromix. It is sodium free, calorie free and sugar fee. It has a slight lemon lime flavor. You just take a packet and dump it into a bottle of water, shake it up and drink it. Works really well. You can buy it very inexpensively on Amazon.com. Also carrying around these small packets is a lot easier than lugging around bottles of Gatorade.

not sure if this is applicable because I don't drink powerade, but the carnival faq's section also states that cartons are allowed. some drinks come in cartons that may not be packaged in cans :)

"A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, and milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought onboard on embarkation day and must be in the guest's carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person."

Get powdered PowerAde then mix in the 12 packs of water the ship can deliver to your cabin for $2.99/12 pack. For that price it's not worth toting it aboard.:D

Just a quick question...

So they will completely open your 12 pack? Do they tape it back up for you so it's easy to carry on? My husband was going to carry on a 12 pack of pepsi for me, but we weren't going to put it in anything, just carry the box. If they open it, that makes it a little difficult to carry...

Just a quick question...

So they will completely open your 12 pack? Do they tape it back up for you so it's easy to carry on? My husband was going to carry on a 12 pack of pepsi for me, but we weren't going to put it in anything, just carry the box. If they open it, that makes it a little difficult to carry...

If it is an unopened case of 12 cans of Pepsi they most likely won't open the case.

If it looks tampered with in any way they very well might open it up to look. And no, they will not carry tape for you to tape it back up with.

Edited by Who Cares?

If it is an unopened case of 12 cans of Pepsi they most likely won't open the case.

If it looks tampered with in any way they very well might open it up to look. And no, they will not carry tape for you to tape it back up with.

Thanks! Yes ours would be un-tampered with, I have no intention of messing with it, I just want my Pepsi! I may even see if there's a drug store near POM that sells the 6 pack cans! I really don't need 12...

Just a quick question...

In NOLA, they will typically cut open every 12 pack box to make sure it is all soda in there. I think they do have a roll of packing tape nearby, but we carry ours and in rolling luggage.

Thanks! Yes ours would be un-tampered with, I have no intention of messing with it, I just want my Pepsi! I may even see if there's a drug store near POM that sells the 6 pack cans! I really don't need 12...

Bayside Market will have what you want and it's just before the port.

They will open your 12 pack and check every can as they did ours in Galveston but they were neat about it and put it all back and nothing fell out, I guess we were lucky.

I have been on 8 cruises and always bring 2 12 packs of pepsi, nobody has ever opened them. One time they were in my roll on bag and went through the scanner, nobody even opened the bag to see the 12 packs. It could have been beer for all they knew. But I dont drink, so its always pepsi.

Hubby had unopened 12 pack of Pepsi and yes they opened ours and checked each can. They then put them back and taped the carton. So yes, they may open even it looks like it has not been opened. This was at the Baltimore port.