November 14, 2015 Crown Mexico Patters

Bobbert

Long time lurker, first time poster. Please pardon me if I did not place this post in the appropriate forum.

Here are the Patters and the Shockwave schedule from our trip.

I kept most of the other inserts and paperwork from our trip so if you're looking for anything else, let me know in the next week or two before I recycle them. I don't have the menus since we didn't go to the MDR every night.

11-2015 Crown Mexican Day 1 Embark.pdf

11-2015 Crown Mexican Day 2 Sea.pdf

11-2015 Crown Mexican Day 3 Sea.pdf

11-2015 Crown Mexican Day 4 Puerto Vallarta.pdf

11-2015 Crown Mexican Day 5 Mazatlan.pdf

11-2015 Crown Mexican Day 6 Cabo San Lucas.pdf

11-2015 Crown Mexican Day 7 Sea.pdf

11-2015 Crown Mexican Shockwave (ages 8-12).pdf

Do you remember which night the surf and turf was served in the dining room? Was it Tuesday or Wednesday? We are trying to plan which night to eat at Crown Grill and my husband doesn't want to go the night when they served that in the DR. Thanks so much for posting the Patters so we could see which night has the new show "Magic to do".

Just checked with wife and it was Thursday night that had the steak and lobster. Magic To Do was good but there was a scene that was a bit intense and NOT kid- (nor some adult-) appropriate in this middle-ager's opinion.

Magic To Do was good but there was a scene that was a bit intense and NOT kid- (nor some adult-) appropriate in this middle-ager's opinion.

Great take, now you've piqued my interested even more. IMO sometimes plain vanilla gets old, and every now and then a little intense is good :)

Thanks for sharing

Srpilo

Thanks again for posting these patters. Am I reading correctly that Skywalkers was not 18-and-over in the evening but was listed as Skywalkers Chill Out Lounge--"chill out" being one of the monikers of the teen program? Was the space actually co-functioning as a teen disco every night of the cruise? Just wondering if one of the info/policies sheets in your cabin Day 1 mentioned the normal 18-and-over Skywalkers rule in the 'alcohol' section or not.

Do you remember which night the surf and turf was served in the dining room? Was it Tuesday or Wednesday? We are trying to plan which night to eat at Crown Grill and my husband doesn't want to go the night when they served that in the DR. Thanks so much for posting the Patters so we could see which night has the new show "Magic to do".

We were on this same cruise.

It was Thursday, the 2nd Formal night. It is actually Lobster and Prawns, not a Surf and Turf anymore. There is Beef Wellington on the same menu. They did not offer a 2nd lobster, as they have on many cruises. We had traditional early seating and the waiters seemed to be so overwhelmed. I don't know if they had too many tables or what exactly. But our dinner took 2 hours every night, sometimes after an hour we had only had the appetizer. It was the slowest service I've ever had.

So plan accordingly if there are shows you want to see. For us, most were full by the time we got out of the dining room.

I'm sure it's been mentioned several times, but I was surprised the Elite Canapes no longer have the Chocolate Strawberries as an option. They also no longer give you a shot glass during the wine tasting. Just a couple of observations. On the positive side, the Elite / Suite cocktails in Skywalkers is not limited to the drink on that day's menu, you can order any of the nightly drinks for $5.00. (so a choice of 6, I think).

I hope that makes sense!

Long time lurker, first time poster. Please pardon me if I did not place this post in the appropriate forum.

Here are the Patters and the Shockwave schedule from our trip.

As a daily schedule junkie that is sailing the Crown in 45 days, thank you!! Especially for the kids schedule, it's hard to find those.

I did not see the Crab Shack dinner in the patters. did they offer it on your cruise?

They did but only a couple of nights. Staff were drumming up business with a crab hat during lunch time around Lido deck pools. Had a feeling it wasn't that well-attended.

Thanks again for posting these patters. Am I reading correctly that Skywalkers was not 18-and-over in the evening but was listed as Skywalkers Chill Out Lounge--"chill out" being one of the monikers of the teen program? Was the space actually co-functioning as a teen disco every night of the cruise? Just wondering if one of the info/policies sheets in your cabin Day 1 mentioned the normal 18-and-over Skywalkers rule in the 'alcohol' section or not.

Not sure about the Skywalkers lounge since we have a nine-year-old. Heard she spent an evening up there while we were at the show.

We were on this same cruise.

It was Thursday, the 2nd Formal night. It is actually Lobster and Prawns, not a Surf and Turf anymore. There is Beef Wellington on the same menu. They did not offer a 2nd lobster, as they have on many cruises. We had traditional early seating and the waiters seemed to be so overwhelmed. I don't know if they had too many tables or what exactly. But our dinner took 2 hours every night, sometimes after an hour we had only had the appetizer. It was the slowest service I've ever had.

So plan accordingly if there are shows you want to see. For us, most were full by the time we got out of the dining room.

We thought we were the only ones with the delayed service (1730 first seating in Botticelli dining room). After the first couple of nights of long dinner, we went through the buffet just so we can make the early shows. Not all sections were affected though; we had several folks each evening showing up 30-40 minutes late so staff had to interrupt the flow to accommodate them. Sections near us were getting people out little over an hour.

They did but only a couple of nights. Staff were drumming up business with a crab hat during lunch time around Lido deck pools. Had a feeling it wasn't that well-attended.

Thank you. We are sailing in 45 days and enjoyed the crab shack on the crown last time we were on her.

Thank you. We are sailing in 45 days and enjoyed the crab shack on the crown last time we were on her.

The last time we were on the Crown it was available. We would not have had a clue it was there except we happened to enter the buffet nearby the area they roped off for it and a menu was posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sorry but I thought I asked yesterday to get added to the Meet & Mingle, but now i can't find it on here. Im hoping someone can point me in the right direction. We are from Australia and doing 3 b2b's on the crown so embarking on the 8th Jan and disembarking on the 25th. We are in cabin Baja737 for all three cruises. We would very much like to come to the Meet & mingle on the 9th at 3.30pm in Skywalkers. Hopefully we won't n

be too tired as we are flying in the day that the cruise is leaving from Australia so hoping our jet lag won't be too bad.

Thank you,

looking forward to meeting some of you

Val & Phil:)