"No Shorts" in dining room being enforced on CB

sonomaphil

Heads up for anyone on the CB. Just back yesterday from the 7 night Western Carib and no shorts in the dining room for men is being enforced.

It is simply shocking that princess would enforce its own policy.

Shocking!

Let's hope that it's at least inconsistent across ships.

Heads up for anyone on the CB. Just back yesterday from the 7 night Western Carib and no shorts in the dining room for men is being enforced.

We encountered a couple on the elevator, both in shorts, and they said they were turned away. My wife was worried an she had a nice pair of Capri type shorts on. I told here not to worry as I bet it's for men only. We parked at Vines and in a few minutes saw a couple with the man in shorts heading to the dining room. I stealthily followed to see what transpired and sure enough the men were told to put on long pants or head to the buffet. No issues for women as we went right in later in the evening.

Not an issue for me as I would always were long pants to the dining room but this may surprise some.

It's only a surprise to those who purposely choose to dress in a slovenly matter! Princess/Celebrity/Cunard/HAL have never allowed shorts in the MDR during dinner, except under certain circumstances. Breakfast & lunch fine.

Not on our recent 14 night CB Canada cruise. A couple who are very frequent cruisers were not dressed at all formally. They chose to bend the rules to please themselves.

If pax were really dressed shabbily, I sometimes complain to the Maître D, who takes care of it. That seems to be the problem..the Maitre D doesn't always enforce the dress codes. That's where..yes the fashion police come in. Yeah it's a pain, but if people don't speak up then some pax will start flaunting the sloppiest dress styles they feel they can get away with.

Good to see this' date=' We were on the Emerald last December and every non formal night dinner there was a guy wearing a hat, tank top, shorts and sandals in the dining room.[/quote']

If you thought it was slovenly, why didn't you say something to the Maître D? All it takes for bad behavior, is for the good to say nothing!

Not on our recent 14 night CB Canada cruise. A couple who are very frequent cruisers were not dressed at all formally. They chose to bend the rules to please themselves.

As it should be except for the shorts. Formal dress isn't even a requirement for the repeaters party on a formal night- but no shorts please.

Not be careful....on a long cruise our roll call group organized a "pajama breakfast." But in all fairness' date=' most of us went out and bought something for the event--something covered up, conservative, etc. Other than the fact that 40 of us showed up in mostly flannel, the outfits looked a lot better than some of the shorts, etc. that I've seen.

Kidding. I do understand that there is a difference between an organized event and someone rolling out of bed and deciding to not dress before breakfast.[/quote']

A breakfast pajama party. :eek: Call me for the next one. I love it :D :D

Tony