Egg crate question

smeck

• 11 months later...
Fax number to Special Services: 661 284-4885

Make sure it is at least a couple of weeks before the cruise.

Ship name, Booking number, cabin number, date of cruise

That's interesting, I have always put up with a firm bed on a cruise in the past. I never thought to ask for an egg crate. Thanks.:D

We did this on our very first Princess cruise.. and have never had to request one with Carnival.

Are the beds still that firm on the Princess ships? I just kind of put this out of my mind until this thread popped up. Now I'm wondering if I need to request one for our trip next week.

Thanks.

We did this on our very first Princess cruise.. and have never had to request one with Carnival.

Are the beds still that firm on the Princess ships? I just kind of put this out of my mind until this thread popped up. Now I'm wondering if I need to request one for our trip next week.

Thanks.

It's kind of luck of the draw. In 15 Princess cruises, I've never had a comfortable mattress. It's not so much that they're firm--just butt-sprung, saggy in the middle, with no pillow top or box springs. I haven't sailed on any of the new ships, so I hope they have better beds.

It's kind of luck of the draw. In 15 Princess cruises, I've never had a comfortable mattress. It's not so much that they're firm--just butt-sprung, saggy in the middle, with no pillow top or box springs. I haven't sailed on any of the new ships, so I hope they have better beds.

We're just off the Royal and as new as that ship is, the beds were also saggy in the middle, probably because many of us sit in the cabin on the side of the bed.

Yes every bed I've ever slept on in a Princess ship I find too hard. The foam slab you get is no more than 3/4" thick but it does help.

An egg crate is a good remedy to keep the twin beds together. Otherwise one could slip between the beds
It would have to be quite a large space for me to slip through.:D Edited by cdnguy

I was on the Ruby in a mini suite in October . The mattress was killing my back so I was advised to ask for an egg crate. When I did my steward told me that the mini suites had been upgraded with new mattresses and egg crates. I asked him to remove the egg crate and after that my back wS happy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting--I contacted the access office and was advised that they no longer put egg crates on the beds BUT it might be possible that my steward can locate one on board. They put additional "mattress toppers" when an egg crate is requested.

I'll let you know what happens when we cruise.

J

They put additional "mattress toppers" when an egg crate is requested.

That's what I was referring to in my above posting. They don't use "egg crates" any longer. They call them "toppers" and they're only about 3/4" thick foam smooth on both sides.

Edited by cdnguy